VIEW JOBS4/19/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-18T00:00We're seeking a Senior Front End Developer to join the Quartz Creative* team.
The Senior Front End Developer will join a fast-paced tech team with love for innovation and experimentation. They will play an integral role in developing and executing new digital experiences on behalf of our clients. The position requires core strategy, problem-solving and expert knowledge of mobile and web development, including cross-browser compatibility and deep understanding of user experience best practices.
* Develop and maintain bold, custom creative products that define their own unique standard on the web.
* Liaise and collaborate across the department as the expert on web development, browser capabilities and performance optimizations.
* Problem solve on creative development and other hurdles.
* Provide thought leadership on new product innovations and continually identify emerging technology trends in and work proactively to turn them into innovative new executions.
* Ability to structure and architect web projects from the ground up.
* Experience with responsive design.
* Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and experience debugging issues using browser developer tools.
* Strong foundation in Agile Software development practice.
* Distributed version control experience with Git
* In-depth understanding of the entire web development life cycle
* Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Sketch and content management systems
* Quartz Creative is the in-house creative shop at Quartz. We help brands make interesting and effective "things" for people, designed for the ways they live and experience media. We're part of the Quartz family (qz.com, Daily Brief, Quartz App, Quartz AI, Quartz Bot Studio). We put the user at the center of our thinking, and our work.
Quartz recruits talent for two salient attributes or qualities:
* Force of Ideas: At the center of Quartz work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
* Spirit of Generosity: Quartz seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Quartz writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Quartz Media LLC is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Atlantic Media CompanyNew YorkNY
VIEW JOBS4/9/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-08T00:00Project Description
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter with excellent development & communication skills to drive the next generation of GUI applications for the global financial business.
* Senior development role on a critical application
* Requirements capture, analysis and design on the ecommerce platform
* Testing and QA coordination
* Liaison with the global business, support and development teams
* Troubleshoot performance and scalability issues
* Third line support of the platform during trading hours
* Close interaction with the business product manager
Must • Min. 3+ years Web Development experience
* Min. 3+ years full-stack development experience
* Single Page Application design (ex. Angular, Knockout, React.js)
* Experience working in a finance technology team
* Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving
* Experience refactoring code, evolving architectures, and Unit Testing
* Nice to have: FIX protocol, Socket's API, middleware's such as Tibco EMS, Tibco RV
* English: Upper-intermediate
LuxoftNew York CityNY
VIEW JOBS3/25/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-06-23T00:00You have talent, by happy coincidence, Beyond needs talent.
We're on the lookout for a Senior Front End (User Interface) Developer to join our NY studio. You'll have spent at least five years sharpening your skills and constantly keep up-to-date with the latest technical trends, tools and techniques. As passionate as you are meticulous, you will always apply coding best practices to your work; adhere to specified coding standards and style guides; and help us further the evolution of Beyond's own development standards and practices.
Above all, you're an awesome human who loves being surrounded by — and collaborating with — smart, talented folks in a fun, fast-paced environment. If that sounds like you, reach out and show us what you've got.
About the role:
What does it mean to be a Senior Front End Developer at Beyond? Well, you'll have the opportunity to do things like:
* Help design beautiful experiences that transform the world around us
* Apply creative problem solving to all you do
* Move between rapid prototyping/creating proofs of concept to create the initial coded expression of a solution, to participating in the build and delivery of solutions for production and the performance, scalability, security, and other factors enterprise applications demand
* Work closely with Back End Developers, UX Designers, Visual Designers, and Product Leads to deliver compelling web and mobile experiences for our clients and their users
* Occasionally work onsite in client offices, collaborating with both client / 3rd Party engineers as part of the broader team
* Work flexibly, proactively, and collaboratively with team members from multiple disciplines
* Present your work and communicate thought and reasoning behind it to all audiences, internal and external
Recent code samples must be provided to be considered for this role. Please submit samples with your application, preferably via a link to your GitHub account.
* Object-Oriented Programming and Functional Programming principles and benefits/trade-offs
* DOM manipulation
* Event model and event propagation
* XHR, AJAX, JSON, API development/consumption (concepts and outside of specific framework implementations)
* Rich interactions including CSS and JS animations, Canvas, SVG Frameworks/Libraries
* Cross browser/platform/device development
* Responsive mobile-first web development
* Familiarity debugging browser inconsistencies, both visual and functional
* SVGs and Icon Fonts
Advanced (5+ years) HTML and CSS:
* Semantically correct and valid code a must
* Responsive layouts and various grid systems
* Accessibility (WCAG 2.0 up to AAA)
* Complete understanding of HTML5 tags and attributes
* Complete understanding of CSS3 (Media Queries, Pseudo Classes, 3D Transforms, Advanced Selectors)
* Development such as GIT, Gulp, Grunt, NPM, Browserify, RequireJS
* CSS precompilers (Sass, Bourbon, etc)
* Developing on Cloud Environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku) and build pipelines and tools
* Rapid prototyping
* Exploratory research (without over-engineering or rabbit-holing)
* Significant agile / iterative development experience
* Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
* Familiarity with tools like Figma, Zeppelin,
* Ability to slice and prep assets / production design
* Pixel-perfect design implementations
Bonus points for:
* Native mobile app development (Swift preferred, Objective-C or Java as applicable)
* Python experience, and at a minimum an interest in learning
* Familiarity with ES6, Promises, Shadow DOM, Block Scoping, etc
* Familiarity with Google Cloud specifically (developing for App Engine, using Cloud Storage to host assets, etc)
We're Beyond, a design company, and we're focused on empowering you to leave a positive mark on the world. On top of a competitive salary, we offer great health benefits, matching 401K, parental leave, training funds, free snacks, and office dogs. Lots of office dogs. You'll also get 20 days of PTO your first year, a week at Christmas, and your birthday off (just because).