Senior Financial Planning Analyst (Fp&A)
Chicago , IL 60603
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SENIOR FINANCIAL PLANNING ANALYST (FP&A)About NewGround:
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a clients new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.General Skills:
- Managing project budgets and profitability/variance analysis
- Analysis of financial performance results
- Development of department and consolidated budgets and forecasts
- Conduct extensive performance and efficiency analyses to control costs and improve profitability
- Perform special projects for Executive team
- Effectively analyze financial and statistical data (sales, project costs and operating statistics) from financial statements and system data.
- Prepare or assist in all financial aspects of company and departmental budgets, forecasting and analysis.
- Assist in monthly financial package, including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, with detailed analyses on key performance indicators such as revenue, gross margin and SG&A.
- Perform monthly variance to evaluate gross margins and expenditures and provide recommendations for improving the cost controls and efficiencies.
- Support management initiatives, working with departmental leaders to develop and document new processes of financial analysis.
- Assist in providing business intelligence reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Create the outline and/or update profitability/costing models for projects.
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting and analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes
- Experience supporting the needs of a growing business
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to focus on the details.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 4+ years of relevant FP&A work experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel required
- Experience with Microsoft SL or similar ERP system preferred
Chicago, ILAbout NewGround Videowww.newground.com/about
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu |TorontoWhy Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you lovethats evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employees first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, weve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that its key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Chicago, Honolulu and Ontario, Canada continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGrounds reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team. Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com