Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Financial Analyst
San Francisco , CA 94104
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for providing financial expertise, business support and oversight for one or more divisions/business units of the company to assist in achieving key objectives. Works in partnership with business unit management, and is responsible for a number of areas such as development of financial forecasts in support of business goals, providing advanced subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions and providing guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development and financial outcomes.
- Develops financial forecasts in support of goals of division/business unit.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions.
- Analyzes current and prior financial performance and data
- Dives deep in to cost analysis, rooting out efficiencies and opportunities
- Develops financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions.
- Manages daily financial inquiries for division/business unit.
- Contributes to the development and execution of business team priorities by participating in joint issue identification, analysis and resolution.
- Conducts financial evaluations of proposed projects and investments by gathering assumptions, making financial projections using discounted cash flow principles and ultimately creating business cases that substantiate the rationale for investments. This may include analysis, financial modeling or review of pre-prepared financials.
- Develops and fosters a cross-functional team approach, providing financial management support to all levels of the business team.
- Performs periodic analyses of variances as compared to plan, forecast and prior periods.
- Prepares presentations and documentation of budget and forecast information.
- Addresses issues with appropriate teams to develop plan of action. Identifies opportunities to improve processes and practices. Works with business and functional teams to develop consistent management reporting and processes.
- Leads monthly reviews and periodic business planning sessions. Involves evaluating financial and operational results, monitoring data and contributing to the development of key initiatives.
- Identifies and analyzes various investments and substantiates rationale for projects through business case developments.
- Works with accounting to ensure accuracy and completeness of expenses and accruals for month end close.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- 5+ years in accounting or financial analyst roles
- Working knowledge of full financial statements P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows
- 2+ years experience in public accounting a plus
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills
- Great presentation skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems & related reporting tools
- Excellent time management/organizational ability
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines