Senior Financial Analyst
Shank Sourcing Talent
Falls Church , VA 22046
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our success has been greatly fueled by our efforts to maintain a strong financial position, eliminate debt, and pursue promising investment opportunities. As a financial analyst, you will contribute firsthand to the development, creation, and implementation of financial strategies that will propel our company into an increasingly successful future. If you are a team player who excels at analyzing descriptive and detailed financial data to discover opportunities for our company to grow, prosper, and gain a competitive edge, then we need you on our team. If you desire to work in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working with numbers and figures, and have a knack for forecasting, this could be the job for you.Job Responsibilities:
- Support and execute weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast information and related reporting at a program level, customer level, and for departments and business lines.
- Support the optimization and automation of financial reporting: KPIs, weekly dashboards, and variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly compliance and financial reporting packages when assigned such as backlog waterfall and variance analysis
- Drive decision making across the business to meet organizational objectives by providing insightful financial analysis, interpretations, predictions, support, tools and recommendations.
- Collaborate with the corporate and other subsidiary finance department managers to support overall department and Company goals and objectives.
- Analyze own work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in system maintenance and implementations.
Job Skills & QualificationsRequired
- BA/BS degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
- MBA is preferred
- 5 + years of relevant finance or analytical work experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to clearly communicate results and recommendations to ensure clarity and optimal decision making.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative financial skills with strong spreadsheet, data management and presentation skills. Well-practiced in advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to create forecasting models and establish potential scenarios based on varied assumptions.
- Creative problem-solving skills to effectively drive decision making and recommendations with stakeholders.
- Ability to partner and influence others without direct authority.
- Exceptional level of customer service, professionalism, accuracy and detail.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, able to work on multiple projects with tight timelines.
- Familiarity with financial systems, NetSuite and Cognos preferred. Also, ability to understand operational and sales systems and to define how they should relate/interact with financial systems and forecasts.
- Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and work independently required.
- Experience working with a team, such as an operations team. Experience working with Project Managers is a service provider organization would be great!
- NetSuite (Accounting software) - a plus