Senior Financial Analyst / Senior Accounting Analyst
Rolle Schmidt & Associates
Minneapolis , MN 55401
Posted 8 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position is located in Rochester, MN
Great Growth Potential!
Great opportunity for a Senior Financial / Accounting Analyst in Rochester, MN. Our client, a large industrial manufacturing company, is looking for a key employee to help in the development, maintenance, and implementation of system and process improvements for financial tracking. The position is also responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly financial planning, product line profitability, product costing, inventory valuation, tooling tracking, and other ad hoc reporting in a complex manufacturing environment.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce and analyze monthly financial statements for Company, including income statement, balance sheet, and other reports.
- Provide profitability analysis by product line and/or customer.
- Develop and maintain cost allocation methodology; including development of standard labor and overhead rates by work center/department.
- Investigate standard cost variances and communicate root cause information to management.
- Proactively support cost reduction activities, both inter-departmentally and cross-functionally, to consistently drive low cost producer status.
- Aid in preparation of annual budget and strategy plans.
- Periodically evaluate data collection systems, business intelligence tools, and key performance metrics to ensure information integrity and expand on metrics and tools.
- Participate in continuous improvement events and assist Director of FP&A with business transformation activities
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in a financial or accounting from a four-year college / university.
- Minimum 5 years experience in finance.
- Strong cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment or a lean/continuous improvement methodology and culture.
- Previous business intelligence software, including query and report building and analysis along with multidimensional database experience focusing on budgeting and financial planning.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills required.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and Access.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
Rolle Schmidt & Associates, Inc. is a professional search firm that focuses on servicing our client's recruitment needs. We excel at getting to know our clients - their business; their people; and their culture. This results in efficient searches and "RIGHT FIT" placements for our clients and their new employees.
Founded in 1994 in St. Paul, Minnesota, we represent public and privately held entities in a broad variety of industries from coast-to-coast. We have helped our clients build their companies by placing hundreds of qualified candidates in all areas of their business, including accounting, finance, human resources, manufacturing, operations, sales, marketing, information technology, and engineering. Our placements range from entry level to the corner office positions.
Our commitment is to find the best possible candidates for our clients. Our staff uses extensive recruitment tools that allow us to present thoroughly interviewed, referenced and qualified candidates who have expressed a specific interest in the opportunity set forth by you, and who have the necessary skills. Our goal is to establish long-lasting relationships with clients and candidates.