Senior Financial Accountant
Port Washington , NY 11050
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Sr. Financial Accountant is responsible for reporting and analysis of critical financial data. The position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the company's financial statements, contributing to the financial health of the business, and ensuring that cash receipts are reconciled against our Accounts Receivables
Critical Success Factors:
- Prepares and ensures accurate and timely completion of the P&L, and the Balance Sheet including: collecting, analyzing results, and performing variance reviews to ensure that the information is accurate and consistent.
- Drive and contribute to the successful reporting of financial and operational information by the development of report standards, formats, and procedures.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to analyze and present areas of overall business risk and opportunity.
- Ensure the integrity of company financial data and reporting.
- Works closely with the Credit Manager on entering cash receipts on a daily basis and reconcile differences in payments versus Accounts Receivable. Timeliness and accuracy are critical in assuring the integrity of our Receivables.
- Review and/or generate journal entries in support of the monthly closing process.
- Perform balance sheet / income statement account analysis and account reconciliations. Identify and follow-up on unusual transactions.
- Prepare and distribute daily reports, which include review of bank statements, cash deposits, sales, discounts, and order and shipment data.
- Working closely with each Manager on, implementing process improvements in all financial areas of the business, including fixed assets, Receivables, Payables, General Ledger postings, business process etc.
- Facilitate electronic money transfers for payment of income taxes.
- Assists the Finance Manager in the management of the internal/external year-end audit and quarterly review process: Prepare necessary supporting documents, full financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and disclosure footnotes in accordance with standards.
- Internal Financial Management Reporting: Perform financial analytics as assigned by the Finance Manager to identify significant variances and understand the root cause. Prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual internal financial management reports to executives on a timely basis.
- Assists Finance Manager in annual budget process.
- Update and maintain our accounting policies and procedures manuals.
- Provide assistance and support in ad hoc or special financial reporting projects as requested
- Provide support to the accounts receivable and payable departments including but not limited to posting lockbox files, cash applications, and posting US customs clearing. Work with Credit Manager to assist in resolving lockbox exceptions, as needed.
- Handle daily reconciliation of cash receipts and small balance billing adjustments.
- Support the Credit Department as needed
- 2-4 years Accounting experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Detail oriented with commitment to quality
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Advanced Excel skills required. Working knowledge of SAP is helpful. Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: paid time off; medical & dental premiums (including family coverage), vision, life, 401(k); tuition assistance; and continuous training and development.
About WAC Lighting:
Founded in 1984, WAC Lighting has evolved into a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative track, recessed, under cabinet, monorail, step and wall lights and decorative lighting solutions with a new sustainable LED collection for residential, retail, hospitality, museum and commercial applications.
We strive every day to develop sustainable lighting by maximizing the aesthetic quality of todays interior environment while minimizing the impact on our worlds precious natural environment. To achieve this goal, we are developing luminaries that deliver the finest quality of light with the most energy efficient lamping and optic technology available. We acknowledge our responsibility to raise the standards for how lighting quality is provided.
Please note salary history on your cover page. Given the high volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted. WAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.