Senior Electrical Engineer
Atlanta , GA 30318
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Kickr Design is the premier product development company in the Southeast. We are looking for the best engineering talent available to develop the latest technology, concepts, prototypes, and products from around the world. At our location in Atlanta, GA we design, engineer, prototype, and manufacture devices for a wide array of industries ranging from consumer products to medical devices. We serve all our clients from individual entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies with the same efficiency and agility we have been providing since our own startup days.
Continued growth within our company created an opening for our first Electrical Engineering Team Manager. In this role you will be responsible for the overall function, efficiency, and quality of the Electrical Engineering Team. You will manage electrical engineers and workloads around our product development process, from concept through manufacturing. You will participate in brainstorms, collaborate with team members, help coordinate on time deliveries, and develop department standards to support the projects and engineers. In some cases you will work directly with clients to develop a shared understanding of expectations, scope, and budget to ensure we can deliver exactly what they are looking for. This position requires both technical and customer-facing communication skills.
- Schedule and maintain engineering support for projects.
- Work with engineering team to develop efficient applicable solutions to problems
- Work with team and/or customers in planning and troubleshooting issues.
- Continually optimizing, developing and improving the Electrical engineering process at Kickr Design.
- Assist in recruiting and evaluating talent to grow the EE team.
- Monitor internal quality of electrical deliverables produced.
- Communicate and work closely with other groups within Kickr including project management, mechanical engineering, industrial design, and sales.
- Develop, direct, and maintain departmental design practices and frameworks to ensure quality deliverables to customers.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of professional electrical engineers to ensure that electrical engineering operations are completed efficiently and effectively
- Create career development programs for the team and develop short-term planning for growth to improve skills and performance of employees
- Select, implement, and support Electrical Engineering tools and infrastructure
Qualities and Skills:
- Electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices and techniques
- In depth knowledge and experience with Electrical product design including PCB design, analog electronics, digital electronics, RF and electronics manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills developed through experience working directly with clients and engineering teams
- Flexibility toward project and team management approach tailored to best fit the particular client or team member
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and take appropriate action
- 10+ years of experience in electrical design or product development
- 4+ years experience leading a department or electrical engineering teams
- Eager to adapt and continually improve
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors Degree required
- Platinum health insurance including dental and vision at no cost to you
- Kickr pays 40% of cost to have dependents on Kickr provided insurance
- Excellent location in Atlantas Upper Westside
- Performance bonus structures
- Hiring bonus
- Free t-shirt!
At Kickr Design, we are proud of the company culture we have developed over the past few years by hiring awesome people. Engineers that work here can expect to experience the following on the job:
- Around-the-clock access to fully equipped prototyping studio for limitless experimentation
- Variety in project size, type, and industry
- Flexible working hours and scheduling
- Creative, collaborative, multidisciplinary teams led by engineers
- Cutting-edge technologies and research projects
- Relaxed work environment where fun is encouraged