Senior Director Of Operations
Viking Recruiting Resources
Dallas , TX 75201
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client, an energy transportation and logistics solution provider, is seeking a Senior Director of Operations for their facility located near Fort Worth, Texas.The Director of Operations oversees all daily (and nightly) fleet activities at the highest level. We are looking for a program director and people champion to guide the delivery efforts of inbound and outbound operations while training, developing and supporting the needs of 8 mid-level leaders, 30+ entry-level leaders, and 2,000 driving associates.
The ideal individual will have experience in oil and gas operations, trucking, logistics and business development. He/she will travel about 30% of the time to the Houston area and must be able to communicate effectively with all departments. Knowledge of Proppants, frac sand and/or chemicals is required.
- Monitor balance, capacity and demand of loads and trucks.
- Monitor outbound freight volume relative to customer-awarded commitments.
- Develop contingency plans to cover critical, unexpected situations.
- Generate new capacity through rate negotiations for unplanned new lanes and volumes.
- Advanced knowledge of regular and ad-hoc reporting (P&L, revenue share, load counts, etc.)- $3M-$9M.
- Generate new clients/customers by networking and expanding division efficiencies.
- Accountable for monitoring and improving Utilization, Home Time, Service and Safety KPIs for the entire fleet.
- Foster driver tenure and reduce turnover for both company driving employees and owner-operators.
- Pull large data sets directly from AS/400 and use information to pinpoint trends, analyze fleet productivity, and run operational and ad-hoc reports.
- Manage the dynamics of a 24/7/365 staff, including hiring, scheduling, performance management, and succession planning.
- Champion customer service through an intense focus on operational excellence.
- Report KPI performance daily to all levels of leadership.
- Develop capabilities (functional and managerial) to operate in diverse circumstances.
- Develop rolling multi-year road-map for department focusing on people, process and technology for each function.
- Communicate and manage a high level of incoming emails.
- Participate in weekly management meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of experience with proppants, frac sand and/or chemicals.
- Must have experience with a P&L of $3M- $9M.
- Knowledge of AS/400 Software preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of DOT regulations and demonstrated experience with route optimization and vehicle tracking software.
- Proven record of making well-informed decisions in both routine and emergency situations.
- Experienced with transportation of temperature-controlled products (Highly preferred).
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the DFW area.