Senior Director Market Access
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Director of Market Access will be responsible for developing and implementing the market access strategies for SOPHiAs Clinical Genomics business in North America. The role will also be responsible for securing access for current and future SOPHiA products among commercial and government payers. Individual will serve as a key interface to peers in marketing, sales, medical affairs, BioPharma, and regulatory affairs providing commercial guidance for all payer and brand access related activities. This role will also be responsible for helping facilitate clinical and economic strategies to enhance the efforts of the field-based team in NORAM. Importantly this role will also be customer facing and you will be working with key accounts to explore access and reimbursement for SOPHiAs bundled and dry-lab platform solutions.
-Develop Market Access Strategy for SOPHiAs Clinical genomics business in NORAM
- Responsible for all payer related activities for SOPHiAs Genomics bundled and Dry Lab AI platform offering (SDDM or SOPHiA Data Driven Medicine)
- Lead the preparation of a market access strategy as a key component of new product launches across SOPHiAs portfolio (mainly Genomics but evolving to Multi-modal incl. Radiomics).
- Develop and execute strategic plans to external and internal customers related to all payer activity
- Provide trends and impact analysis on reimbursement and economic value
- Oversee the development of reimbursement reference materials
- Develop and maintain relationships with professional medical organizations/societies to manage healthcare policy and reimbursement issues
- Other projects and assignments as needed
-Implement payer strategies with the cross-functional commercial team in NORAM
- Recommend and implement plans for the development of product and procedural codes
- Work closely with the Commercial team to position reimbursement messages and tools to educate and train the field, our customers, and patients in synergy with the strategic plans
- Provide direction and communication working closely with commercial team to meet company objectives and goals
- Participate in reimbursement development activities in close cooperation with cross-functional teams (Commercial, Medical, Regulatory, and Legal) on new product and procedure development and evidence-based value proposition
- Lead educational training to Sales and Marketing with regards to health policies and reimbursement
-Be and expert advisor for key accounts exploring reimbursement and payer strategies for SOPHiAs portfolio in NORAM
- Collaborate on Commercial payers with key customers (Academic Medicial Centers, Private and Reference Molecular Laboratories, C-suite management)
- Collaborate with key customers to develop and support LCD submissions
- Monitor and influence CMS (Medicare/Medicaid) relating to payment proposals for Outpatient Prospective Payment Systems, Physician Fee Schedules, and Hospital Purchase Orders by obtaining coding, coverage, and reimbursement.
- Bachelors Degree (Advanced Degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Economics, or Business Administration is preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in reimbursement in diagnostics, medical device, life sciences consulting or the biotech industry
- Strong understanding of medical reimbursement with Academic Medical Centers and private molecular laboratories (billing, coding, coverage, and payment) in the healthcare system (CMS and private) to work to resolve contract and billing issues with providers
- Min. 5 years experience as a senior leader in commercial team
- Proven trackrecord of successful payer and access strategies for product launches in the genomic Dx space
- Strategic thinker with the wish to implement strategies, team player and customer focused
- Solution oriented self-starter
- Effective communicator both internally to peers and executive management and externally to key stakeholders in the NORAM accounts
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make SOPHiA a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Occasional business travel to tradeshows, sales meetings, educational programs and customer and partner meetings.
- A competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
Starting date: ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type: Permanent full-time
Location: Home Office, USA
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.