Senior Director, Chimenet Business
Connecticut Hospital Association
Yalesville , CT 06492
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Connecticut Hospital Association (CHA) seeks a strategic and seasoned business leader to direct all sales and marketing, technology, and operations activity required to achieve growth expectations and financial goals in the ChimeNet business unit. ChimeNet, an affiliate of CHA, is a well-established Connecticut-based information technologies (IT) managed service provider, offering innovative solutions and 24/7/365 support for businesses where network security and systems availability cannot be compromised. ChimeNet delivers unsurpassed WAN, WLAN, Cloud, and colocation services to its healthcare, education, municipal, and corporate clients. By designing, installing, monitoring, and supporting fully managed, turn-key network solutions, ChimeNet meets the evolving needs of every stakeholder.
This experienced IT executive will direct the ChimeNet team in developing and implementing a strategic business plan and supporting tactical goals, aligned with the overall CHA Strategic and Business Plan, to expand our current market and customer base, provide innovative products and services, and direct the implementation of advanced technologies to achieve strategic goals in the ChimeNet business.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Lead and manage the ChimeNet team. Set the vision and ensure goals are established, coordinated and monitored, and result in the delivery of solutions that provide member/client satisfaction, conform to industry best practices, and meet internal business objectives.
- Build and sustain strategic relationships with decision makers in targeted accounts and vertical markets including, but not limited to, healthcare, municipalities, education, and other corporate clients. Analyze and explore market trends to identify new opportunities.
- Ensure high performance of team through feedback, mentoring team members, and encouraging training and development.
- Engage with customers directly to fully resolve connectivity, service, or other performance issues and ensure project deliverables match client expectations.
- Provide oversight and direction to the technical team to establish and implement best practice design/implementation standards, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Establish parameters for the team to analyze, recommend, and evaluate new customers, new hardware, software, and products.
- Utilize the customer relationship management (CRM) tools to ensure all accounts are managed effectively, and that dashboard metrics are routinely utilized to report progress and escalate issues with delivery dates, cost, or other deliverables at risk.
- Provide support to the manager through critical thinking and ability to assess risk to ensure the strategic and financial goals of the business are on track.
The preferred candidate will have an advanced degree in a related information technology discipline. Masters or an MBA is desirable, plus 8-10 years experience managing a cross-functional team, and the ability to understand the political landscape within client/partner organizations.
- Familiarity with telecom carrier technology and services, CLEC ordering and support processes: data center operations experience required
- Service provider experience required; hospital/healthcare experience a plus
- Understanding of cloud (private, hybrid, and public), colocation, and network security services essential.
- Demonstrated verbal and written presentation and communication skills, ability to resolve conflict, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective leader with a strong work ethic and desire to guide and develop talent within the team.
- Critical thinker that is able to function effectively in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, team-oriented environment.