Senior Director - Fp&A Lead
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 4 weeks ago
We are searching for an FP&A Lead for our growing division within Danforth Advisors, as well as work closely as a trusted advisor to clients.
Internally, the FP&A Lead will strategically develop this division of our practice, working with the Partners and Managing Directors. A successful candidate will have extensive experience not only within an FP&A role, but in a position of leadership, demonstrating a level of independence and ability to identify opportunities for improvement while minimizing risk. This individual should be a hands-on leader, the team resource to resolve critical FP&A issues, promote the corporate culture and actively participate in recruiting to support organizational expansion.
Externally, the FP&A Lead will work closely with the CFO of clients, running the process for the company. He/she will provide financial oversight, manage budgets, develop rolling forecast models, and provide variance analysis to allow for strategic planning. They will run the entire FP&A function for the client(s) and advise executive team on strategic planning, business processes, and operational improvements. A successful candidate will have biotech/life science industry experience and be able to successfully develop cross-functional partnerships to deliver outstanding results.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, with robust modeling skills, forecasting, and stakeholder management experience. The candidate is expected to complete tasks and projects with little to no supervision while also demonstrating the ability to identify inefficiencies.
Client Facing Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead / participate in longer-term strategic planning process
- Support financing activities, including additional capital raises and/or debt and equity restructurings
- Responsible for modeling and creating mechanical template to aid in strategic business planning
- Robust experience in modeling, forecasting, and stakeholder management experience
- Expertise in strategic planning, risk management, and budgeting
- Ability to process design and improve productivity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work effectively with cross functional groups, team player with the ability to develop cross functional partnerships to deliver outstanding results.
- Strong leadership skills, focused on both technical and strategic initiatives
- Provide finance support to all functional groups
- Develop and coordinate financial budgets and forecasts for the organization.
- Develop key performance metrics on a monthly basis in order to manage the active programs and the business as a whole.
- Ensure all key topics are raised proactively and aligned with stakeholders to minimize surprises.
- Develop / prepare monthly reporting packages that include financial statements, key performance metrics, key business trends, and comprehensive variances analysis.
- Develop and review customized financial reporting to support research contract work, clinical trials, manufacturing activities and commercial activities.
- Develop financial models and productivity tools to help make responsible financial decisions
- Recommend enhancements to the financial planning and budgeting process and system that effectively generate program and activity-based reporting to meet internal business, SEC reporting requirements.
- Provide support in connection with the monthly close process and coordinate with the Accounting Group to drive financial statements accuracy and control.
Internal Facing Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop FP&A practice of the company
- Partner with Managing Directors on developing new growth opportunities
- Develop, train, and build FP&A team while accessing the teams areas for growth and expertise.
- Serve as in-house FP&A expert and as the resource for solving critical issues.
- Marketing, recruiting and policy development for FP&A practice
Skills & Specifications:
- Experience providing financial support in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industries, including clinical operations, technical operations, commercial operations and business development.
- Highly proficient in Excel and in the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Financial Planning systems knowledge; Adaptive Insights preferred.
- Strong accounting skills and the understanding of the application of GAAP
- Experienced financial executive in culture development to support organizational expansion
- Publicly traded investor relations experience and supporting the audit process,
- The financial resource for resolving FPA critical issues
- Bachelors degree in business, Accounting, Economics, Finance or similar is required
- 20 years experience in operational, technical, or strategic problem solving financial position is a must
- Minimum 10 years experience in Life Science industry is a must
- A leader that thrives on enormous challenges combined with a passion to develop the financial leaders for tomorrow.
- CPA and MBA are desired but not required
About Danforth Advisors
Danforth Advisors is the financial backbone to hundreds of life science companies, providing integrated and scalable consulting teams ranging from staff accountant through CFO. The companys services span the full breadth of a finance organizations needs, whether short or long term, including accounting and operational finance support, capital raising, financial planning and analysis, IPO preparation, post-public SEC compliance and clinical business operations management. Founded in 2011, Danforth has been a strategic and trusted thought partner to more than 500 life science companies, private and public, across all stages of the corporate life cycle. The company is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts with additional operations in the emerging life science clusters of metropolitan New York and Pennsylvania. Additional information is available at www.danforthadvisors.com.