Senior Devops Engineer Team Lead
Schaumburg , IL
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We enable our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payments. Youve probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. Were the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech start-ups. Were creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond whats possible so they can think about whats next. But were not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. Were all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. Were focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
- Partners with Development to implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Maintains and monitors CI/CD pipelines.
- Assist existing systems team with monitoring and managing system resources, system logs, back-up and recovery, continuity of operations, security, patching software, and storage management
- Automate server builds using configuration management, operating system migration, and integration of monitoring tools and metrics
- Implements standard automation patterns based on industry best practices.
- Provides day to day DevOps support to the Development and Infrastructure teams.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation.
- Perform incident resolution and root cause analysis of outages and implement solutions to systematic failures.
- Interest in helping transform systems and processes to handle sustained growth
- Operate and maintain production and development systems in a Linux/Unix environment
- Participate in the system teams on-call rotation for production outages
- Deploy application updates, manage infrastructure, and ensure system and network security.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems by ensuring they are in the current release and patch levels for the OS and other system software installed on the servers.
- Maintains system documentation
- Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 7+ years of experience as a Software or DevOps Engineer
- 1+ years leading and delegating tasks to team members
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with automation tools and configuration-as-code (Ansible, Puppet)
- Comfortable with Python and Bash
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery services
- Experience with containerized code deployment
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols
- Experience scaling teams of DevOps engineers through periods of product growth
- Experience managing large cloud infrastructures
- Experience with orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Experience with security, systems, or application monitoring and metrics
- Experience with ELK stack, Consul, RabbitMQ
- Experience with F5 LTMs
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please dont feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the Additional Info box on our application to tell us more about your path.
Please check out our careers page: https://www.nmi.com/eu/careers/company
- Competitive salary
- 40 hours week with flexi-time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k matching up to 4% after two months of service
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care/Transit and Commuting Account
- Vacation and Sick time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Fun Culture Events (March Madness tournament, 80's day, Chili Cook-off, summer/winter parties)
- Casual dress
- Bonusly colleague reward scheme
- Employee referral scheme with generous financial reward
- We offer paid Parental Leave
Were looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then get in touch!
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment and professional references to determine suitability. An offer will be subject to financial and criminal background checks.