Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Devops Engineer
Irvine , CA 92602
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpiders proprietary spidering technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buyas well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
PriceSpider is right across from the Irvine Spectrum with sweeping 10th floor views to inspire creativity. We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, commission plan and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will collaborate to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers who demonstrate superb technical competency, converting physical infrastructure to infrastructure as code, delivering mission critical resources and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, deploy, configure, test, monitor, patch, troubleshoot, and maintain systems resources and services for IT infrastructure built on Linux and Windows technologies
- Address low-level server, network and performance issues
- Assist engineering teams in troubleshooting and rectifying application tier issues
- Plan services maturation to meet reliability, maintainability, agility, scalability, security and capacity requirements
- Automate processes for repeatability and reliability
- Manage successful, secure replication, backup and archival of system data
- Implement and enforce security policies and procedures
- Modernize deployment pipelines for private cloud resources and workloads
- Expand and refine systems monitoring and response to meet SLAs
- Ability to specify, price and propose technology expenditures according to prioritized needs
- Serve on a flexible rotating on-call support team for issues
- Planning, organizing and coordinating efficiently develops and implements plans to accomplish goals
- Self-directed identifies, prioritizes and implements necessary projects and tasks that align with departmental objectives
- Maturation evangelism promotes continuous and practical advancement of effective strategies to maximize service levels (e.g. DevOps evangelism)
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelors Degree or equivalentand demonstrated continuous education through active participation in user groups, conferences, open source contribution and/or eLearning
- Six to ten years of related experience
- Platforms: Linux, BSD, Mac, Windows
- Cloud: Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure
- Disk Storage: SAN (e.g. Compellent), NAS (e.g. FreeNAS), RAID
- Low Level File Systems: ext3/4, zfs, btrfs, NTFS, hfs+/apfs
- Networking: TCP/IP, Packet Analysis, Load Balancing, Switch/Router Configuration, IP addressing and routing
- Languages: Python, Shell, SQL
- Configuration Management Tools (at least 1): Ansible, Puppet, Juju, Chef
- Containerization: Helm & Kubernetes, Docker or LXC
- Data Platforms: Microsoft SQL Server (2012-2016), PostgreSQL (9.x), MySQL or MariaDB, MongoDB
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
Bonus Experience and Education
- Disk Storage: HDFS, Ceph, GlusterFS
- DevOps: AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, Terraform, Jenkins, oVirt, Proxmox
- Data Platforms: ElasticSearch, Memcached, Redis, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark, Zookeeper, Yarn, Kafka)
- Education and Certifications: CCNA, RHCE, AWS Certifications, Google Cloud Certification, Dell Certification (server, storage, networking)
- Eligibility to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship is required
Location & Travel
This position is based in Irvine, CA, and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.