Senior Devops Architect
New York City , NY 10001
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client is seeking an experienced DevOps professional, with a strong background in working with Agile Software Development to provide guidance for the entire spectrum of tools, styles and dependencies that lead to the successful delivery of reliable software through continuous delivery/deployment leveraging modern and appropriate release strategies such as; A/B, Canary, Dark Launches etc. Responsibilities:
This is a leading role for a technical expert with history of hands-on and practical deployment and configuration experience participating in transformation initiatives that help customers change the way they deliver value to their business. The successful candidate will be a self-starting, detail-minded expert with good customer soft skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, including product owners and senior stakeholders, and believe strongly in being a team player.
They will have a track record of designing appropriate and effective solutions leading to measurable value and helping to enact cultural change across an organization.
The company is a rapidly expanding, global, organization and as such the candidate will be required to undertake travel to work close to client as well as to interact with our near shore delivery teams.
- Work with customer product teams, advocate development styles, testing principles, software methodologies and team structures to support the delivery of software using Agile.
- Guide customers and colleagues through the process of tool selection and usage.
- Understand customer business goals and reflect these appropriately through delivery models and proposals. Create frameworks for the flexible provision of DevOps staff within Work Packages and pricing models.
- Support the Service Owner of DevOps in the development and maturity of the company's DevOps offerings.
- Work closely and integrate with internal practices in Infrastructure, Development, Testing and Application Management to underpin and promote DevOps principles and culture.
- Support other customer functions such as compliance and Information Security in the adoption of Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery over documentation and Change Control and in environments up to and including Production.
- Proactively review customer solutions and propose improvements and strategic direction, anticipating client goals.
- Working with commercial and sales management and participating in reviews.
- Hands-on DevOps experience in enterprise organizations working with Agile Software development, centers of excellence, infrastructure and cross-functional operations teams.
- Good understanding of various Software Delivery Life Cycle principles and be able to pre-empt and evolve dependencies along a delivery pipeline (from requirements through to defects).
- Proven track record of detailed design and accurate solutions estimations (including areas such as scalability, performance, availability, reliability and security) in the following technology areas: o Development styles (e.g. BDD/TDD) o Compatible versioning and branching strategies. o Automated testing practices and principles. o Automation and Configuration management. o Cloud consumption and economics.
- Excellent soft-skills particularly in client and stakeholder expectation management.
- Able to articulate client requests to technical colleagues.
- Highly articulate and literate, with excellent levels of written and spoken English.
- Ability to maintain initiative and focus during negotiations.
- High levels of ownership, a make it work first time work ethic, and ability to work with nearshore teams to evangelize CI/CD
- Proficient and competent skills with code/scripting, e.g. BASH, Python, PowerShell, Node.js etc.
- Good understanding of Micro-Services, SOA principles and surrounding technologies (such as containers; especially Kubernetes and Docker).
- Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins / TeamCity / Bamboo/ Git or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform
- Good understanding of various IaaS platforms including Virtualisation (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack) as well as Public Cloud technology stacks (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE).
- Good working knowledge of software build tools (Maven, MSBuild), artefact repository managers (e.g. Nexus, Artifactory) as well as packaging tools (RPMs, MSI).
- Good working knowledge of software versioning tools including GIT, Subversion
- Familiarity and appreciation of JIRA and Confluence and other productivity tools (e.g. Slack, Trello) or equivalent.
- Multi Operating System knowledge: Windows, Linux OS services.
- Good networking, TCP/IP knowledge and security awareness.
- Understanding of application deployment and release management best practices including A/B, Canary, Dark Launches.