Senior Desktop Support Technician
South San Francisco , CA 94080
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are:
We are a privately owned leading Managed IT Services company. Since 1996 we have specialized in providing a full range of services from Network & Security, UNIX/Linux & Windows Engineering, System & Database Administration, Help Desk Support, VoIP Support and maintain IT infrastructures for our clients which are made up of small to medium-sized enterprises. We are looking for highly passionate desktop support professionals that can help elevate our MSP services and drive the growth and success of our company.
Who You Are:
A seasoned Desktop Support Technician who is accustomed to working in a high transactional environment. You can manage and serve as a lead for various customer projects at any given time. You are a master at diffusing and de-escalation and other desktop technicians learn from you. You are a master at developing, strengthening, and maintaining customer relationships and can easily communicate project-related activities to both internal and external stakeholders. You are the go-to lead on the team with, ICE clients, and also within the team. Your professional disposition is always positive and you champion success at all levels of the organization
So here is the Job:
This is a new position, to be located at our corporate offices in Milpitas, You will have responsibility for is to support our clients' Windows and Apple systems (Windows 10 and above OS, and MacBooks, Windows Servers 2012/2019, etc.) in live production environments. Your project scope will fluctuate based on the business needs, with ongoing project support associated with items such as (note these may change based on customer requirements):
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver on ICE required desktop SLAs.
- You will also support and work with file management systems, email systems, SSO/MFA, antivirus systems, iPhone and other devices, Video conferencing, support different cloud services
- Perform on-site and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organizations desktop computing environment.
- Providing escalated technical support for Desktop technicians, provide necessary training, and assisting with knowledge gathering to ultimately resolve end-user and customer requests in a timely fashion.
- Where required, administer, and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails, and/or work orders regarding desktop problems.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring computer performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- As necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or 5+ years of setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware and software hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Hands-on experience working with Windows 10/Mac OS environments, Mac/PC/Mobile support, Video conferencing, printing services, Gmail and Office 365
- Experience working with MDM such as Workspace One, Mas360 or alike.
- Experience working with SSO/MFA such as Okta, OneLogin or alike
- Knowledge of GPOs, Symantec and other Antivirus
- Cloud backup services such as CrashPlan
- Hosted services like Gmail, Office 365, VoIP services, Ring Central and others
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Superior attitude - consistently positive, courteous and a respectful demeanor
- Experience working with Enterprise level customers and a basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
Nice to Have
- A+, MTA, or equivalent work experience
- Specific manufacturer certifications (Windows & MAC OS)
ICE Is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base. In order to ensure Ice is holding itself to the highest level of delivery of outsourced managed services, and maintain the trusted and premier endpoint MSP solutions provider, all new employees must undergo our standard background check and drug screen test for pre-employment purposes.
Excellent company benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, yearly bonus, PTO, and 401(K) with company match.