Quadrint is a fast-growing, Information Technology consulting company in the public sector that has been named toThe Washington Post's Top Workplaces for the past five years! We pride ourselves inour employees feeling welcomed, valued, and involved.Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Quadrints vaccination verification procedures, is required for this position, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation.Quadrint is seeking a Senior Database Engineer in the Chantilly, VA area.A qualified candidate will perform the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
Team Lead for all designs, testing, implementations, and delivery of database objects to fulfill customer requirements.
Work in agile team to develop and document new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools.
Work with software and determine ways to organize and store data, identify user requirements, set up computer databases, test and coordinate modifications to the computer database system.
Plan and coordinate security measures to include integrity, backup, and overall database security.
Design and develop database objects to support Java/JEE Web based applications.
Provide performance tuning of database queries and code.
Work with application teams to troubleshoot connection related issues to include SSL configuration.
Provide database administration support to the Systems Administrators.
Work with internal test teams on system, performance, and acceptance testing.
Collaborate with Product Manager to identify, prioritize, and document detailed product requirements.
Brief design and technical approach solutions to the customer's Architecture and Engineering Review Board (AERB).
Evaluate new frameworks and contribute to technology selection.
Help develop robust automated unit/functional test suites and development scripts.
Develop stored procedures in PL/SQL or T-SQL to automate existing manual processes.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.Required Qualifications:
Bachelors degree or equivalent.
8+ years of relevant experience in Oracle (11g or higher) or MS SQL SERVER (2017 or higher) database administration and PL/SQL or T-SQL development.
Experience with database tools such as SQL Developer, MS Management Studio, etc.
Experience with Solaris, Linux and Windows environments.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong software engineering, development, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting skills.
Strong understanding of database connections including JDBC and ODBC.
Ability to work well in independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Experience collaborating with software engineering teams.
Ability to use verbal and written communication skills to present information.
Quadrint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other protected status.
VIEW JOBS8/7/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-11-05T00:00SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
Join an exciting team, located in Chantilly, VA, enabling operational excellence. Your experience will enhance a dedicated group of professionals' ability to conduct intelligence analysis-a willingness to innovate and create next generation, cloud native solutions is critical. This program is the go-to-solution at the heart of the national security mission.
The Database Administrator/Data Engineer will know the database, platform, and data. Focus will be on creating and improving queries, optimizing the database to run as efficiently as possible. Responsibilities will also include maintaining backups, data integrity, maintaining awareness of the database structures, and ensuring data integrity. The expert Database Adminisrtator/Data Engineer will also create queries and/or stored procedures and will improve them to reduce issues with returned data.
* Leverage cloud native solutions such as Amazon's RDS
* Leverage Postgres, Zookeeper, Oracle Database, RabbitMQ, and ETL pipelines to streamline access to data
* Improve distributed Hadoop utilities to better retrieve and organize analysts' workflows.
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of 6 years of related experience
* Expperience with some or all of the following tools: AWS RDS, Oracle Database, Postgres, ZooKeeper, Hadoop, elasticsearch
* Certifications in AWS Database and/or Big Data
VIEW JOBS8/6/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-11-04T00:00Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Join the top Information Technology and Analytic professionals in the industry to make invaluable contributions to our national security on a daily basis. In this innovative, self-contained, Big Data environment, the ManTech team is responsible for everything from infrastructure, to application development, to data science, to advanced analytics and beyond. The team is diverse, the questions are thought-provoking, and the opportunities for growth and advancement are numerous
The successful candidate will work as part of the overall DBA team to determine, implement, and maintain the most efficient ways to organize and store data.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities
* Participating in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases
* Managing, monitoring, and administering database system performance and schedules
* Monitoring the performance of system files and managing system data to maintain performance efficiency
* Conducting performance tuning, baselining and forecasting system performance, and managing configurations
* Providing technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects
* Recommending appropriate procedure, query, or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability
* Installing and configuring database environments
* Performing backups, restores, and archiving data
* Participating in server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems
* Recommending and implementing approved process and tool improvements
Required Experience, Skills, & Technologies
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline, or 4+ years of related database experience may be substituted for education
* 9 years or more relevant experience
* Significant experience with Oracle 12c architecture and database design, and related Oracle technologies (Partition, TDE Encryption, Pluggable Database, etc.) on Linux systems
* Significant Oracle Exadata experience
* Significant Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance experience
* Significant PL/SQL developer experience
* Significant Oracle Label Security (OLS) experience
* Significant experience with performance tuning, capacity planning, and optimization of database environments
* Strong understanding of high-availability solutions and architecture
* Strong understanding of backup methodologies and their implementation (RMAN, Data Guard)
* Experience developing processes and procedures to standardize database installations and configurations
* Experience managing very large databases (terabytes and petabytes)
* Strong documentation skills
* Experience automating, scripting, and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy; shell scripting experience
Desired Experience, Skills & Technologies
* Experience with PostgreSQL architecture, database design, administration, and related technologies.
* Experience configuring and maintaining Oracle in a Cloud environment
* Oracle OCP or OCM certification(s)
* Strong Linux experience
* Experience migrating from Spark Oracle to X86 systems
Security Clearance Required:
* TS/SCI Polygraph
* Use hands to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
* Constantly positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Mantech International CorporationChantillyVA
VIEW JOBS7/29/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-10-27T00:00Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
* Extensive experience providing engineering support to aid in maintaining an data infrastructure to include data warehouse technologies, data pipelines and database management systems (Oracle, PostGres, MySQL).
* Documented experience with defining and leading the practices and technologies required in organizing the collection, processing and storing of data from multiple sources.
* Able to provide technical guidance and support to data development team.
* Innovative data subject matter expert capable of identifying new ways to standardize existing data processes and optimizing current workflows.
* Experienced technical acumen capable of quickly analyzing data infrastructure and assisting with optimizing extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) a diverse set of data sources.
* Documented experience with SQL and AWS technologies. Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, DMS, CDC).
* Provide engineering Build/Integrate analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
* Experience working with internal and external stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues in support of the data infrastructure needs.
* Excellent skills in DB Schema design and SQL development.
* Experience with Agile practices.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
* Full-flex work week
* 401K with company match
* Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
* Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
* Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
Not sure this job's the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking "Share."
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: BA/BS or equivalent, 15+ years of experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Chantilly
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.NES AssociatesChantillyVA
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.