Senior Data Engineer
Oakland , CA 94601
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Full-Time in Oakland, CA - Remote OK - Senior
Our client has been creating cutting edge mobile games for traditionally underserved audiences since 2019 and is headquartered in Oakland, CA.
They are a group of game industry veterans who are passionate about delivering high-quality casual competitive games that entertain players across all mobile platforms.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work directly with stakeholders as both a contributor and an engineering lead, driving the development of their new data science and analytics platform.
You will collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and engineers to build and maintain a federated data platform, and you will be empowered to research, innovate, and invent to get there. The team will rely on you to create solutions for accessing data and build optimized data infrastructure products.
- Build and maintain an ETL solution for both live and offline data services
- Guide the development of our data platform through different growth phases of the company.
- Use Python, Scala, and other languages to build data products that will service internal and external stakeholders
- Research and deploy cloud data solutions from AWS, Google, or other providers
- Iterate with data scientists, analysts, producers, and executives, gracefully giving and receiving feedback to build the best tools for a data driven business.
- At least 5+ years of experience working in a lead role involvingdata warehouse and/or data platform engineering
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technology
- Experience deploying and maintaining ETL systems (eg. Airflow or Glue) and stability monitoring tools for those systems
- Excellent understanding of both RDBMS and No SQL solutions
- You have set up REST APIs and can push and pull data efficiently
- Experience managing cloud data storage solutions like AWSS3 and GCS.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly through writing.
- Able to write clear and concise documentation.
- Experience with Snowflake
- Built pipelines for data scientists to deploy offline and online algorithms
- Experience with optimizing schema for the long-term
- Experience building internal data web apps