Senior Data Engineer
New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Founded in 2014, Octane Lending is a fintech startup with the vision of making consumer financing as painless as cash. Serving the $60B consumer powersports and agricultural vehicle spaces (motorcycle, ATV, tractor, mower etc.), our technology powers transactions in over 2000 dealerships across the country. Less than two years after launch, our platform has generated over $1bn in loan requests and enabled thousands of customers to buy their dream products. We have raised $42M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners and closed $145M in debt capital.
Octane Lending is currently hiring for a Lead Data Engineer to focus on facilitating our company's data needs. Data is the fuel that we use to drive decisions for the company. From informing credit policy to creating product enhancements to updating servicing protocols, availability and accessibility of data is critical. As a lead data engineer, you will lead a team to architect a data infrastructure that is stable and scalable to support data analytics, reporting, and visualization. Your input and contribution will have direct impact on our future data strategy and our technology roadmap.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product, and the engineering team to define a strategy to expose a variety of data sources into a centralized data warehouse capable of supporting analytics, reporting, and visualization.
- Build and manage ETL processing that is efficient, scalable, and performant.
- Work closely with engineering, data science, and business stakeholders to identify and provide impactful solutions to their data needs.
- Mentor, inspire, and lead a high-functioning team that delivers in an agile environment.
- Develop and evangelize exceptional engineering and organizational practices.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 5+ years experience working in software engineering and big data
- Extensive knowledge of ETL processing, data pipelines, and data warehouses
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational databases
- Working knowledge of Non-relational databases.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala
- Familiarity with data processing technologies such as Spark.
- Experience building and scaling data platforms
- Experience growing a team and leading people
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Rich health, vision and dental benefits
- Life and disability insurance policies
- Transit reimbursement
- FSA account
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- 15 days PTO