Senior Data Engineer
Mountain View , CA 94040
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
What do we do and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the worlds largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling - anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than a million people face life challenges. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month that help people change their lives.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our peoples well-being and upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand.
What are we looking for?
BetterHelp is looking for a smart, ambitious and technical leader to join our rapidly growing Data team. You will be responsible for data that is used for business, product, marketing, and broad company analytics. You will own the entire data life cycle. You will develop systems to gather, transform, and surface the data to multiple data consumers via our business intelligence and analytics tools. You will work closely with data analysts and scientists and develop a deep understanding of the core business objectives. You will support the productionization of machine learning pipelines and data science initiatives.
What will you do?
- Manage, develop, maintain, optimize our ETL/ELT
- Manage, develop, maintain, optimize our data warehouse
- Manage, develop, maintain, optimize our BI tools
- Manage, develop, maintain, optimize our ML pipelines
- Work with billions of rows of data
- Work with product managers, marketers, business stakeholders so they have the right data and building strong data trust and governance
- Be a leader and mentor on this fast growing team
- Enjoy great teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference on people's lives
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- BSc/MA in technical discipline, computer science or mathematics
- Data Warehouse experience
- 3+ years' experience
- ETL/ELT experience
- SQL Expert
- Python experience
- Comfortable in a CLI
Bonus (great to have but not required):
- Looker experience
- AWS experience
- Snowflake experience
- R or other statistical language
- B2C experience
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks programs during COVID-19 pandemic
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Catered lunch every day, bottomless snacks (even avocado toast!), and locally roasted coffee
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs available
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Free BetterHelp accounts for all team members
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people have a better life, every day