Senior Data Architect
Portland , OR 97230
Posted 1 week ago
Lazarus Naturals is on a mission to make quality hemp-based CBD accessible to everybody. Its why we own our manufacturing process from start to finishbeginning at our hemp farms in Central Oregon to our extraction, formulation, and packagingall to deliver safe, effective CBD at an affordable price. We provide a 60% Assistance Program to veterans and individuals with disabilities or low-income because we believe everybody should be able to experience the benefits of CBD regardless.
We have a close-knit, fast-paced work environment with a fully stocked kitchen, competitive pay and full benefits. We are searching for a Senior Data Architect to join our team.
Beyond technical qualifications and sufficient experience requirements, we at Lazarus Naturals look for people who can thrive in our work environment and actively challenge themselves. We prioritize applicants who can illustrate their capacity to think critically, approach mistakes positively and constructively, as well as the ability to claim responsibility for their actions, whether good or bad. It is equally important that any applicant is able to exhibit an appreciation for proactive honesty and marked flexibility in the face of abrupt change. Moreover, we prefer applicants who share our passion and pride for the work and the impact we have.
In DevOps, we love what we do, and we're searching for like-minded individuals to join this newly formed, rapidly growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a skyrocketing, new wellness sector. As a Senior Data Architect, you will play a key role in setting the company's data strategy and data-driven initiatives.
This position reports directly to the Head of Technology and will be directly responsible for the following:
- Build and maintain tools to automate data modeling and data quality checks
- Put in place tooling and frameworks to facilitate data governance and shared analysis between internal organizations
- Lead and participate in the design and development of ETL processes for data integration
- Design, build, and maintain processes and components of a streaming data/ETL pipeline to support real-time analytics (from requirements to data transformation, data modeling, metric definition, reporting, etc.)
- Design, create and manage data structures designed for flexibility, scalability and resiliency to support future business needs.
- Build and maintain ETL jobs for centralizing data in MarkLogic Data Hub
- Focus on data quality-detect data/analytics quality issues all the way down to root cause, and implement fixes and data audits to prevent/capture such issues
- Collaborate on system implementations
- Participate in task and project scoping to ensure accurate Sprint planning
- Take direction and meeting deadlines in an efficient and timely manner
- Communicate effectively with all team members
- 10+ years of experience with progressive data modeling, data architecture, data engineering, and/or database administration
- Experience with data management concepts and activities, including industry best practices for data sourcing, key data elements, data quality management, metadata, and/or Enterprise Data Management (EDM) policy, process, and procedures
- Experience with participating in all phases of two (or more) ERP implementations
- Experience with container orchestration technologies and CI/CD
- Experience working with version control systems (Bitbucket), build management and CI/CD tools (Jenkins), and monitoring tools (App Dynamics, etc.)
- Experience in a modern scripting language (preferably Python) for automation of build tasks
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, MySQL, etc.) and unstructured databases (NoSQL)
- Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, LoadBalancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, etc. (nice to have)
- Knowledge of developing standardized data vocabularies across large organizations and multiple business units, data issue identification, analysis, and remediation
- Experience designing and developing integrations that use common data exchange formats (XML, JSON, CSV)
- Experience implementing, managing, and/or integrating with Dynamics 365 (NAV and/or Business Central Essentials)
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with SAP Concur SSIS Components
- Experience with AWS (RDS, Aurora, and S3 specifically)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience with ERP implementations and/or integrations (specifically Infor CloudSuite)
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms (WordPress/WooCommerce, Magento, etc.)
- Experience implementing, managing, and/or integrating with other core financial systems (e.g., QuickBooks)
- Experience implementing, managing, and/or integrating with Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and/or CPQ modules)
- Experience with client-side and server-side languages
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental insurance)
- Employee discount program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- 401K plan
- FSA & commuter benefits
- Employee development opportunities
- Company events
This is a full-time role based in Portland, OR. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
Lazarus Naturals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.