Senior Content Writer
Newport Beach , CA 92658
Posted 1 week ago
Green Street provides preeminent and actionable commercial real estate research, news, data, analytics, and advisory services in the U.S. and Europe. For more than 35 years, Green Street has delivered unparalleled intelligence and trusted data on the public and private real estate markets, helping investors, banks, lenders, and other industry participants optimize investment and strategic decisions. The firm delivers exclusive market information, conclusion-driven insights, and predictive analytics through a SaaS platform. The company is headquartered in Newport Beach with offices in Hoboken, Dallas, and London. To learn more, please visit www.greenstreet.com.
The success of Green Street is directly attributable to the strength of our people. We attract high-quality applicants due to our reputation for excellence and our commitment to train and retain talent. Our collaborative work environment provides team members with opportunities to develop professionally and play a central role from day one. At Green Street, we are all about providing unique insights. A diverse and inclusive work environment where top talent can thrive, think freely and offer different perspectives makes our insights even stronger. Were building a company culture where differences in gender, race, age, religion, ethnicity, identity, physical ability and perspectives are celebrated and valued.
The Senior Content Writer is a critical, fast-paced and rewarding role on Green Streets high-performing, collaborative marketing team. This role is the key liaison and bridge to Green Streets talented research team, responsible for promoting our unique thought leadership to clients, prospects, and the broader industry. The marketing teams mission is to drive brand awareness, revenue, product usage, and customer satisfaction. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, hard-working, creative and strategic with a passion for writing. Enthusiasm for our products and what we do as a firm is a must, as this individual will live and breathe Green Streets research daily.
- Develop and manage a cohesive content strategy aligned with business goals, enhancing Green Streets content initiatives to drive brand awareness, leads, revenue, and product usage
- Oversee entire content creation process, from developing an editorial calendar to producing content and measuring its effectiveness
- Serve as go-to content writer, copywriter, and editor on the marketing team, taking editorial accountability for all external-facing deliverables
- Compose compelling content with appropriate brand voice across a wide variety of formats (e.g. blog posts, bylined articles, website copy, sales collateral, emails, video scripts)
- Manage Green Streets Blog, including topic selection, writing, scheduling and SEO optimization
- Serve as extension of top-quality research team by leveraging their authored thought leadership and repackaging in various formats to promote to clients and the public
- Play key role in scaling marketing automation efforts by architecting content strategy, fueling content that is tailored to different audience groups at different stages in the buyers journey
- Develop deep understanding of Green Streets brand, products, key audience segments and value propositions to effectively craft messaging that resonates with prospects and customers
- Create product-focused content to educate clients on enhancements and how to better use tools
- Measure performance of content initiatives within broader marketing ROI framework; recommend and execute data-driven decisions to optimize and steer strategies
- Maintain editorial calendar, coordinating with marketing team members and other departments to ensure deadlines are met for consistent execution of campaigns
- Completed Bachelors degree. Masters degree or MBA a plus.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, including in the commercial real estate and/or finance industries
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and a positive team player attitude
- Proactive self-starter with ability to manage several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative and able to work well with multiple departments and management levels
- Knowledge of SEO and email best practices
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (e.g. Hubspot)
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and WordPress. On24 a plus.
Working Conditions: The Senior Content Writer will work indoors in an air-conditioned office building and must be able to remain stationary at a desk and computer for a majority of the day.
Travel Percentage: 0%
- Medical & dental insurance - 100% premium coverage
- Company sponsored employee assistance program, life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation (3+ weeks), sick, and personal time
- Company paid holidays and summer half day Fridays
- Cell phone reimbursements & gym stipends
- 16 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 2 week fully paid paternity leave
- Green Street sponsored co-ed basketball & soccer teams
- Green Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer