Senior Consolidations And SEC Reporting Manager
Chicago , IL 60604
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
They will lead the external Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting process and monthly consolidation. In addition, responsible for evaluating reporting requirements and preparing implementation plans to respond to new requirements. They will report to the Director of Enterprise Financial Reporting.
- Frequent interaction with VP Financial Reporting and Corporate Controller
- Directly supervises Consolidations financial reporting team in the preparation of SEC filings, including Annual Form 10-K, Quarterly Form 10-Q, including XBRL and electronic filing.
- Lead disciplined five-day close to produce and distribute enterprise-wide financial statements; collaborate with and provide direction to segment financial reporting team; responsible for company-wide variance analysis
- Coordinates with multiple business and function executives including legal counsel, financial planning, investor relations, external audit, SOX and technical accounting teams
- Collaborates with multiple executives and to create high quality supporting materials for Audit Committee meetings
- Leads quarterly Disclosure Committee meetings with Senior executives across functions
- Reviews new accounting guidance, partners with accounting policy, financial reporting teams and external auditors to evaluate, develop proposals and implement changes to financial statements and disclosures in response to new accounting standards and SEC requirements
- Performs key role in various SEC filings, including Conflict Minerals reporting and debt offerings
- Play key accounting role in implementation of IT projects
- Provides leadership to the financial reporting team by coaching and developing team members as well as enabling career development opportunities
- Lead special projects as assigned, and performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3+ years researching and applying US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) to solve complex accounting issues
- 3+ years with SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) rules and related accounting standards
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with recent Big 4 public accounting experience
- 3+ years working in a public accounting firm
- 3+ years managing or leading people or teams