Senior Business Analyst
Thomson Reuters Corporation
Carrollton , TX 75011
Posted 1 week ago
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (Carrollton, TX)
- Collect, analyze & synthesize data to document requirements & translate into technology needs & formal specifications;
- Provide guidance, facilitation & technical domain expertise to the team on complex tasks;
- Plan, estimate, & implement changes into software using programming skills, testing, review of products & systems, and providing support to customers;
- Create technical & user documents & understand and propose new features for custom software components;
- Facilitate development and project management teams to migrate software products to the cloud;
- Track software modifications and defects & maintain appropriate versioning using GIT tools;
- Work with task management tools like JIRA to track progress of each feature or bug through the software development lifecycle;
- Draft requirements to move software applications into containers for ease of hosting in different machines;
- Work with & understand different file formats like XML, JSON request/response payloads, REST API's, HTTP protocols GET/POST/PUT/DELETE methods & relational database systems;
- Create & maintain technical specifications for developers;
- Understand business requirements & create specification documents with technical details (using API's & libraries) specifying how the requirements can be addressed;
- Gather information & create specifications based on documentation received from 3rd party vendors for implementation;
- Analyze technical details & functionality provided by PI party APIs & libraries;
- Identify how implementation of APIs will accomplish business & technical requirements;
- Act as a SCRUM master conducting Agile ceremonies like backlog grooming, sprint planning/estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint review & retrospective;
- Meet with development team (developers, quality assurance) & product managers to clarify requirements & define acceptance criteria;
- Discuss with product managers and user experience team members to assist with implementation & application requirements;
- Coordinate with user experience teams to create & review samples of application user interface screens (wireframes) & clickable prototypes to visualize requirements before implementation;
- Create & maintain integrated help system;
- Write clear user manual/help documentation;
- Keep user guide up-to-date with new features as added to software application;
- Serve as liaison among business stakeholders to elicit, analyze, & validate requirements for changes to business products, processes & systems.
Position requirements: Master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or related field plus 3 years' experience with Software Development Cycle (SDLC) or Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, or related field plus 5 years' experience with Software Development Cycle (SDLC). Experience must include:
- 3 years' experience working with Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint;
- 2 years' experience working with Amazon Web Services cloud platform;
- 2 years' experience with GIT version control system;
- 3 years' experience with Atlassian JIRA task management tool;
- 2 years' experience with containerized applications;
- 3 years' experience working with complex file formats & relational data;
- 3 years' experience writing technical specification documents;
- 3 years' experience working with 3rd party libraries and vendors;
- 3 years' experience in Agile methodologies;
- 3 years' experience creating mock ups & prototypes;
- 3 years' experience creating Help documentation.
Employer: Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting), Inc.
Job Site: 2395 Midway Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Req #: JREQ111928
Locations: Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development