Senior Benefits Specialist
Denver , CO 80012
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client is looking for someone to join their HR team!
They are looking for a, Senior Benefits Specialist who can design, plan, and implement corporate employee benefits programs. They must know related policies and procedures with excellent customer service. This role is responsible for the daily administration and processing of our clients benefits programs along with their annual benefits enhancements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies and recommends employee benefits programs to HR Management and senior management by studying employee needs, analyzing competitive trends and developments utilizing survey data and bench markingtools, and analyzing cost scenarios and forecasts;
- Serves as primary contact for employees, plan vendors and third-party administrators;
- Insures legal compliance of benefit plans by monitoring and implementing existing and new legislation at federal, state, and local levels; obtains qualified opinions; advises management on needed actions when appropriate;
- Coordinates daily benefits processing including enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, QDROs, QMCSOs, and compliance testing;
- Ensures timely payments of benefits invoices for all group plans;
- Prepares and maintains benefits budget, metrics tracking, and performs costs analyses;
- Administers benefit records by developing and maintaining record keepingsystems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes;
- Provides excellent customer service by resolving employee questions and problems through interpreting benefit policies and procedures, interfacing with vendors and/or brokers when applicable, education of employees including new hire orientation;
- Prepares for and implements all things related to open enrollment including live employee meetings, communication, training tools, etc.;
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be required at direction of the HR Management Team.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge of medical, dental, life, and disability plans; leave programs including disability and FMLA; 401(k) plans, employee assistance programs, etc.;
- Ability to identify, research, and prioritize key human resource needs and develop and implement appropriate programs especially as they relate to benefits;
- Understanding of the overall business environment, company culture, and human resource systems and processes;
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to small and large groups at all levels of the organization;
- Possess a positive attitude towards change with a focus on innovation;
- Strong data tracking, analytical, and presentation skills;
- Ability to handle personnel issues with confidentiality and respect;
- Knowledge of key rules, laws and regulations related to human resource function (ERISA, HIPPA, etc);
- Knowledge of external working environment and the industry;
- Ability to relate to and work with employees ranging from field workers to executives;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- High degree of accuracy and professionalism in work products;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internet-based applications such as, benefit vendor sites and HRIS (ADP);
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills
Travel to all our clients company locations and training locations will be required.
Bachelors degree in human resources, general business, or related field;
Minimum of 5+ years experience in employee benefits required;
Oil & gas industry experience is preferred, but not required;
SPHR or PHR certification preferred, but not required.