Senior Backend Developer (Aws)
New York , NY 10001
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About Common Energy
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables homeowners and businesses to connect their utility account to new clean energy projects, dramatically lower carbon emissions, and save on their electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up only takes two minutes. As such, we are a key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change.
Common Energys board and advisors include executives from Facebook, Google and President Obamas cabinet. We are seeking a Senior Backend Developer to help us scale the business.
The Role: Senior Backend Developer
As a senior member of a small technical team, you will be directly responsible for building crucial tools for our business, expanding offerings to our customers and developer partners and taking ownership over product maintenance and improvement. You should be passionate about our company missionhelping as many people as possible shift to renewable energy! and eager to ensure that our software enables this goal!
Goals of the role:
- Partner with our VP of Software to lead the design, development and delivery of solutions on AWS technology stack.
- Build a platform to scale our solution millions of users
- Write and ship high quality, fully tested code with an eye towards easy expansion and maintainability
- Contribute to our positive, mission-driven culture! You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users.
What we seek in you
- You have 6+ years of professional experience as a developer, with a focus on backend development. At least 2 years experience in a lead/ senior developer role.
- You are very proficient in at least one (ideally several) backend programming languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Java)
- You have experience with AWS Lambda serverless computing and architecture.
- You have hands on experience with S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, SQS, and SNS.
- You can articulate and document architectural patterns in AWS and how best to implement them.
- You are self-motivated and driven
- You are able to work both independently as well as collaboratively across cross-functional internal teams.
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field - or the equivalent demonstrated experience.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to build an industry-changing business with world-renowned energy and climate experts
- Attractive compensation with benefits
- Equity: every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- A values-based company culture driven by ethics, entrepreneurship and performance
- A positive team working in unison towards the same mission
- Free in-office meals every day (when we return to the office!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested parties please send resume to: email@example.com