Senior Analytics Business Consultant
Maryland Heights , MO 63043
Posted 2 weeks ago
Do you want to work directly with hospital and health system clients? Interact with executives, physician leaders, and operational staff? Have you wanted to create new insights by combining data from EMR/EHR, claims, consumer/retail, devices, and wearables? Are you excited about deploying analytically-derived insights into the clinical and operational workflow? Do you like working with smart and motivated people? If so, you've come to the right place!
We are looking for a person who said "YES!! to all of those questions to join our team. We work directly with hospitals and health systems to solve their technical and analytical challenges as they move from "volume to value. These challenges range from needing to understand the root causes of clinical and cost savings opportunities, to quickly building and deploying predictive analytics to identify patients with high risk of an emergency hospitalization readmissions and since the best analytics in the world do nothing on their own, we do our work and embed it into clinical and operational workflow.
Role and Responsibilities:
If you were to be in this role, your primary responsibility would be to do projects that lead to improvement in health and financial outcomes and do work to support clients. Tactically speaking, this means performing the work outlined in the SOW, and partner with the team on leading the client through the process and communicating results. More broadly, to do this, you would understand the mutual goals and value based contracts, conduct assemble information and perform analyses to quantify baseline performance, identify opportunities and the root causes for them, and collaborate with the client and our operations staff to achieve our goals.
More specifically, your job would be to:
- Understand the client's business goals well-enough to ensure the SOW will meet their needs
- Lead the discovery of the client's EMR/EHR and/or claims data environment so we can efficiently and effectively navigate and do the analyses
- Lead the analytical-interrogation of their EMR/EHR and/or claims data to perform data quality checks
- Partner with our biostatisticians and data scientists to perform the analyses and displays
- Communicate results/findings with the client and identify implications and recommend actions
In this role, you'd also have responsibility to take on new challenges. For example, today the EMR/EHR data we're working with for one client doesn't include real-time data streams, but over the next few months we will have access to streams that are real-time and need you to partner with our technology partners to intake, analyze, and output that so that it is maximally actionable by our client. Examples of the data streams include those from 3rd parties such as from clinical assessments, in-hospital monitors (for example, levels of blood carbon dioxide), home monitors (for example, weight scales for patients with heart failure), and wearables (for example physical activity and heart rate from FitBit type devices).
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
The skills, knowledge, and attributes we're looking for are listed below:
- Attitude: A generally positive demeanor and outlook, works well with others and is community-minded, has a proactive leadership orientation, and enjoys contributing through work
- Healthcare Domain Knowledge:
Conceptual understanding of how hospitals and systems work, how they're paid by commercial carriers and the government, and how changing reimbursement is necessitating that hospitals and health systems be able to identify and manage risk; be able to decipher the healthcare-alphabet-soup that includes ACA, ACO, AMA, BMI, CMS, through to HIE and HIPAA, etc.
- Healthcare Data Expertise: Current "hands-on working knowledge of healthcare data, including data from EMR/EHR and/or from medical and pharmacy administrative claims; strong preference will be given to those with expertise from working with claims data from multiple lines of business and payers.
- Social Determinants of Health (SDH) Expertise: Also, current "hands-on knowledge of seeking out new sources of socioeconomic, public record, biometric, and retail/consumer data, including acquisition of new SDH sources.
- Analytical Actions: Logical and systematic approach to problem solving, with the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, make decisions, and take appropriate action
- Multi-Faceted: Track record in charting untested waters; need to possess conceptual skills to learn new technologies, and contribute to areas such as infrastructure, administration, and project management with ease
- Handy with Tools: Working knowledge of database and analytic tools including SQL and SAS (or, equivalents)
- Data Model Knowledge:Have a deep enough understanding of data model approaches to be able to discuss the pros/cons of each with our clients and data architects and create business requirements
- Technical Leadership: Experience in conceptualizing analytic projects end-to-end and ability to guide other analysts with detailed reviews of their work and providing overall technical leadership
- Value Orientation: Ability to constantly calibrate activities to ensure effort is focused on value and not solely on technical activities, cost, and schedules
Minimum Resume Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare data analysis (including EMR/EHR, claims, eligibility and publicly available data such as CMS LDS)
- Experience "managing up managing client expectations, for example, "under-promising and over-delivering
- Utilization of analytical tools including SQL, SAS, SPSS, and/or open-source including Python and R, or similar
- Familiarity with HEDIS & CMS care quality measures; experience implementing both HEDIS and CMS measures using SAS and/or SQL
- Master's or equivalent in epidemiology, public health, mathematics, health services research preferred (but not required)
Comprehensive benefits package available upon hire