Senior Analyst - KYC
Tampa , FL 33601
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
KYC (Know Your Customer) is an important aspect of the Tranfasts risk-based anti-money laundering (AML) program. An effective and meaningful KYC process identifies and mitigates money laundering or terrorist financing risks, preventing criminals from using Transfasts products and services. It also informs other important AML processes, such as transaction monitoring; of the risks and intended transactional activity of the customer, allowing the firm to more accurately pinpoint suspicious activity.
The Senior Analyst KYC, is primarily responsible for ensuring that complex and or higher risk customers are appropriately understood, verified and decisioned. They are primarily responsible for researching and understanding more complex considerations such as complex ownership structures, negative news, sanctions considerations and politically exposed persons (PEPS). They will ensure that customer files are accurate and complete and contain the necessary research and analysis to support the complex and higher risk decisions.
The Senior Analyst KYC will ensure that customers are onboarded and maintained within accordance to company policies and procedures. The candidate must be detailed orientated multi-tasker who can work with little supervision. In addition, an understanding of risk and compliance is key. Being able to make accurate reports reflecting the risk analysis of new and existing customers and compliance with internal and external policies and procedures relating to analysis procedures is vital to the role.
Transfast is looking for a short term contract (initially 3 months) with the potential to extend for the right candidates. The Senior Analyst KYC will report to the Director of Compliance North America. The role will be located in Tampa Fl, USA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review escalations from Junior Analysts KYC for new and existing customers, ensuring the items escalated are reviewed, understood and decisioned in accordance with policy and procedures and the risk tolerance of the company.
- Conduct detailed research and analysis into risk factors associated with new and existing customer relationships and ensure appropriate evidence is collected and documented to support findings and decisions.
- Create and maintain customer summaries providing a succinct view and understanding of the customer relationships including the risks they represent to the company, committee decisions and conditional approvals.
- Verify the identities and locations of more complex or higher risk individuals and entities pertaining to the customer relationship.
- Screen individuals and entities against applicable lists to identify potential negative news, sanctions considerations and politically exposed person for further review and understanding.
- Research and understand complex ownership structures to identify true beneficial ownership of corporate structures.
- Review and verify customer stated and actual activity to ensure it is in line with expected activity.
- Complete or review and approve customer risk assessment template and ensure the risk accurately represents the research, analysis and verification of the customer.
- Make sure supporting documentation for higher risk or more complex considerations is collected, valid (not expired) and stored within the customer file.
- Request from business, operations department and customers, missing or additionally required information to support the onboarding and maintenance processes.
- Escalate high-risk customers and any other customers that exhibit unresolved red-flags, complex customer relationships and other risks to Team Lead Customer Onboarding & Maintenance for more in-depth review and decisioning.
- Present to management or via committee higher risk or more complex customer relationships to facilitate understanding and decision-making requirements.
- A degree or higher, preferable in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting.
- Up to 3 years experience in a related compliance field
- Up to 2 years experience within financial services
- Good practical knowledge of KYC/AML
- Good Practical knowledge of Financial Services sector, preferably remittance or payment services
- Good practical knowledge of AML requirements, preferably around customer identification
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues effectively and on time
- Inquisitive mindset and a desire to research and understand things before making a decision
- Good MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good internet search engine skills
- Good report writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must speak and write proficiently in English