San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Accountant will be an important part of the success of Skedulo. This person will interface directly with managers at all levels of the organization and many of the key customers and vendors who are a critical component of our success. Position requires a person with superior accounting skills, ability to work with external professionals including bankers, venture capital finance staffs and tax CPAs and to help create and manage efficient internal transaction processing systems. In addition, the Senior Accountant should be a person who enjoys working in a team environment and is comfortable working with leaders from various disciplines within the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and review of General Ledger journal entries and accounting for transactions and related activities such as preparing and reviewing account reconciliations
- Handle all aspects of procure to pay and order to cash cycles
- Coordination with outside payroll provider
- Management and coordination of annual tax return preparation
- Owns sub-financial systems including Bill.com and Expensify
- Develop internal controls system including maintaining a delegation of authority matrix and identifying opportunities for minimum segregation of duties.
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards and determines the impact on the company and implement new accounting standards, as required.
- Prepares timely 3 statement financial statements and submits to banks and investors as required.
- Ensures compliance with leases and banking arrangements.
- Help lead critical accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close efficiency, audit readiness and management reporting.
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Responsible for worldwide tax compliance including: Coordinating and supporting preparation of federal, state, international income taxes Understands intercompany agreements and ensures compliance and documentation are current. Ensure all required intercompany compliance agreements are in place
- Oversees compliance with sales taxes in the US, VAT & GST taxes worldwide
- Understands consolidations and consistency across all systems for translation rates (currency exchange rates), reconciling intercompany accounts
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting. CPA/CA or equivalent is a strong plus.
- 5+ years experience of progressively responsible experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred) or high-growth technology companies, global experience a strong plus.
- Strong understanding and experience utilizing IFRS and FASB codification and pronouncements as well as ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives in an environment with ambiguity.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and willingness to adapt to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead and drive complex initiatives. Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Must be able to work from our San Francisco office in the Financial District.
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great health benefits.
- Generous vacation and sick leave policy.
- Matching 401(K) contributions.
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks.
- Early stage startup where you'll help shape the product and culture and have a huge impact.
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment