Senior Accountant Tulsa, OK Wonderful opportunity with a great mid-sized Tulsa company. This is a strong team with an enjoyable work atmosphere. This individual would report directly to the Accounting Supervisor and would be responsible for the following:
Daily Cash Application
Intercompany billing and balancing within plants and some international
Review of sales and cost of sales transactions for reasonability
VIEW JOBS8/15/2018 12:00:00 AM2018-11-13T00:00* Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense journal entries
* Maintain and balance general ledger accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies
* Prepare detailed revenue and expense budgets and budget-to-actual variance analyses
* Prepare monthly internal financial reports and present reports to operational leadership teams
* Partner with Controller and other senior staff to provide financial analysis and support for sound and profitable business decisions
* Review the financial data and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and company policy and procedures.
* Become a subject matter expert on the NetSuite accounting system
* Ensure that all internal and external financial reporting deadlines are met.
* Assist with various projects and initiatives as they arise, including integrating acquired businesses and identifying ways to utilize Cypress's information systems to enhance its internal reporting capabilities.
* Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly financial reports to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission
* Prepare quarterly financial reports to the board of directors
* Identify and report on cost savings opportunities through careful analysis of financial data
* Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
VIEW JOBS11/10/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-08T00:00JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for analyzing business contracts and creating statistical modules, maintaining gas accounting spreadsheets, allocating residue gas and sale of gas products, assuring proper capture of pipeline quantities, tracking and determining imbalance positions on pipelines, preparing and creating invoices, preparing tax reports, processing period adjustments, gathering and reconciling gas system information, and responding to gas system questions.
1. Analyze business contracts and gather gas volumes and prices in order to create statistical spreadsheet modules; create monthly settlement statements for gas producers.
2. Set up and maintain monthly gas accounting in Waterfield by updating formulas and calculations to reflect fee escalation changes, tax rate changes and allocation percent changes.
3. Allocate residue gas and natural gas liquids from the sale of natural gas and natural gas products.
4. Interpret pipeline data and verify monthly pipeline balances to assure all quantities and related values are properly captured; coordinate with field personnel and other departments to resolve questionable data.
5. Track, value and determine imbalance positions on multiple gas pipelines according to accounting rules and regulations.
6. Prepare and create invoices for various gathering, processing, and treating fees; follow up on outstanding payments of invoices.
7. Prepare monthly and periodic tax reports by utilizing accounting modules for filing and payment with various state and federal agencies.
8. Prepare, post, and process prior period adjustments for payment and/or invoicing.
9. Gather and reconcile information from multiple gas systems to process revenue payable checks.
10. Respond to gas system questions; follow-up on related issues as necessary.
11. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Knowledge of tax codes.
* Working knowledge of Waterfield Energy Software.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to pay close attention to detail.
* Ability and willingness to learn new concepts and principles.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related degree or five to ten years of relevant industry experience.
* Prefer three to five years of plant accounting experience or other related industry experience.