Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Houston , TX 77002
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
An award-winning, Fortune 200 company with headquarters in downtown Houston, TX is seeking an experienced accountant focused in SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting to join their team!
This company is a leader in sustainability and uses green solutions to meet the world's ever-growing energy and utility demands through a network of 1000+ sites. Serving tens of millions of customers, they show no signs of slowing down.
The Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting will report to the Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting and will be a key member of the accounting organization.
- Coordinate efforts with internal departments and external groups to gather financial and non-financial information for use in SEC filings. Assist with drafting of financial statements and footnote disclosures for SEC filings. Maintain adequate support and documentation for all information included within each SEC filing.
- Ensure compliance with SEC XBRL filing requirements.
- Research, interpret and US GAAP and SEC regulations. Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards, including developing accounting policies and procedures and financial disclosures.
- Follow emerging accounting issues and proactively analyze their impact on the Companys results of operations and financial position.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely completion of the companys quarterly review and annual audit.
- Apply knowledge of equity-based compensation, earnings per share, debt and derivatives.
- Coordinate the financial reporting for employee benefit plans and captive insurance companies.
- Assist with the maintenance and application of internal controls.
- Assist with evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements, as requested.
- Oversee special projects within the Accounting function, as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Masters Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred.
- CPA required.
- Five plus years of relevant, progressive experience.
- A combination of public accounting (Big 4) and public company accounting experience, preferred.
- General understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and SEC regulations