New York , NY 10017
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We have partnered with a large CPA Firm in the New York, NY area to provide them with a Senior Accountant.
Please review the below description and if you are interested please contact:
- Phanish Adivi at firstname.lastname@example.org, 484-403-4161
Due to continued growth with our client, we are seeking a dedicated, motivated self-starter with 3-5 years of recent public accounting experience with a focus on Audit & Assurance.
The Senior Accountant will work on all aspects of the assurance practice and the day-to-day activities of various engagements.
Working in a team atmosphere, the Accountant will use professional discretion in applying learned auditing procedures (under GAAS) necessary to perform audits or reviews of clients' financial statements.
The ideal candidate will possess strong experience in the following areas:
- Performing accounting services, as well as Compilations, Reviews and Audits, Forecasting and special projects in the private sector
- Having excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills
- Have the ability to work independently, manage deadlines, and interact in a professional manner with other co-workers and clients
- Be able to work well under pressure and with a team; able to meet deadlines with accuracy
Requirements of the Senior Accountant:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in public accounting.
- GPA of at least 3.0 with a BBA.
- CPA required
- Experience with Factoring would be a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a strong team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Prosystem Engagement, Tax, Checkpoint/PPC and QuickBooks is preferred
Benefits of the Senior Accountant:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k)
Senior Accountant; Public Accounting; GAAP; Analytical; Forecasting; MS Office; Prosystem Engagement; Checkpoint/PPC; QuickBooks;