VIEW JOBS4/21/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-20T00:00Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for performing accounting duties of a complex nature in support of various accounting functions. Responsible for taking the lead in coordinating various departments to establish the necessary reporting parameters. Including establishment of chart accounts, financial reporting formats, timing requirements, accounting basis, and banking. Also responsible for the posting of journal entries and maintaining the general ledger accounts and reports.
Essential Job Duties:
* Prepare and review income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting reports. Make corrections as necessary.
* Preparation of journal entries for records in accordance with GAAP and including supporting backup.
* Audit financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, revenue and expenditures. Make corrections as necessary.
* Conduct the primary accounting review of various financial statements and initiate any corrections.
* Oversee the analysis and reconciliation of the general ledger reports. Close ledgers and generate monthly financial statements and supporting schedules.
* Obtain revenue and assets acquisition information then review, consolidate and summarize it for reporting purposes.
* Perform complex numerical calculations requiring thorough understanding of applicable procedures and/or requirements.
* Work with budget preparation up to and including direct support.
* Coordinate accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions to resolve reconciling items and technical accounting issues.
* Completes various accounting projects as needed.
* Review cash flow and monitor cash requirements for all out-going cash including loans and payments.
* Review monthly and quarterly financial packages.
* Reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
* Perform general administrative functions when needed, including answering phones, typing correspondence, copying, etc.
Skills, Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 5 years related work experience
* Must be familiar with PC applications such as MS-Excel ad MS-Word
* Experience with computerized accounting systems
* May perform other duties as assigned
Benefits and Perks:
* Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks).
* Generous healthcare.
* Bright Horizons back-up care program.
* Generous paid time off.
* Education reimbursement.
* Referral Program.
* Opportunities to network and connect.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
VIEW JOBS4/18/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-17T00:00What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Accountant to help drive our day-to-day accounting, financial, and reporting processes. We are a lean team which allows for a lot of project ownership, collaboration, and the ability to impact the business. We're looking for analytical thinkers with creative ideas who can go beyond the numbers and think critically about the business. Most importantly, you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
* Manage month-end close process (including reconciliation and reporting)
* Improve our bookkeeping process (Netsuite)
* Technical accounting (implementation of new standards/internal policies and processes)
* Support AR & AP processes
* Support financial analyst requests
* Assist in external audit
* Assist in tax preparation requirements
* Work on compliance
* Reconcile intercompany transactions
* Mentor Staff Accountants
* Propose and implement accounting policies as needed to support our growing team
This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
* 4+ years experience working in an accounting role, preferably with a SaaS product
* CPA certification is required
* Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
* Must be an Excel expert and have experience with accounting software; Netsuite preferred
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels
* High attention to detail and accuracy - mistakes don't get past you, and everything reconciles
* US work authorization required
Why Civis Analytics?
* The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
* Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
* Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW
VIEW JOBS4/16/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-15T00:00Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job Description Summary
The main responsibilities for the Sr. Accountant in the Americas Hub is to serve as liaison between our Share Service Third Party provider, FP&A and CFS and drive process improvements. The Sr. Accountant will perform accounting related work and review journal entries and reconciliations performed by the Shared Service Third Party colleagues.
* Provide guidance to Shared Service Third Party Accounting colleagues.
* Review and approve Third Party Shared Service Accounting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations and complete the monthly financial close process.
* Review and assist in maintenance of third Party Shared Services Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Provides on the job training (OJT) as necessary for new Shared Service Third Party activities.
* Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Hub activities. Completes OJT as necessary for new activities.
* Prepare analysis for the backup of Hub performed journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
* Successfully navigate SAP to view documents and account balances, run reports, analyze purchase orders invoices, and utilize SAP data for analytics.
* Efficiently complete Microsoft Excel spreadsheets including pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formatting, and analysis of data.
* Complete analysis in SAP/SRM of third party service provider accrual and prepaids. Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations based on analysis.
* Liaise with FP&A, CFS, and other Americas Hub team members to execute the financial close, provide guidance, and work together to improve processes.
* Ensure compliance with internal controls and provide support for SOX and internal audit.
* Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including CFMs.
* Elevate issues and recommend solutions.
* Operate independently within a varied and changing scope of responsibilities under some supervision.
* Complete special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance and/or Business or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
3-7 years related work experience. Prior experience in Shared Services strongly preferred.
JOB FAMILY:Accounting & Reporting
DIVISION:IFO International Finance
LOCATION:United States > Abbott Park : AP52 Floor-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdfAbbott LaboratoriesNorth ChicagoIL