Senior Accountant (Cpa Firm)
TMS Global (Confidential Company)
Atlanta , GA 30334
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The caliber of our clients and our high standards for how we serve them requires that we be highly selective in our recruiting process. We look for the best and then invest the time, technology, and resources that result in long-term success for both the firm and our people. We ask our team members to provide a high level of service to our clients and be a driver of firm growth, profitability and success.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Function as an in-charge auditor for moderately complex audit engagements so that clients receive excellent, timely service. This includes oversight of the audit team and assignments, engagement communication, development of audit documents, review of work papers, and preparation of client deliverable documents.
- Build and maintain a proactive, professional relationship with clients for assigned engagements.
- Help Associates develop professionally through on-the-job coaching and intentional training.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of various tax returns and consulting projects, in addition to effectively communicating with clients on a one-on-one basis.
- Work with managers to provide guidance to help clients maintain compliance with tax and compliance issues.
- Prepare Form 990 Series and other tax returns.
- Beginning review of simple to moderately complex Form 990 Series and other tax returns, including supporting work papers and data input, as well as identifying and resolving technical tax issues
- Build and maintain proactive, professional relationships with clients for assigned engagements
- Continue professional development efforts through an intentional growth plan.
- An extremely competitive compensation package that includes a competitive base salary and bonus
- Group health insurance
- 401(k) match
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work schedule
- Firm Sponsored professional memberships
- Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related finance degree
- One to three years of related experience (Experience in public accounting is preferred.)
- CPA certification is preferred. If CPA designation is not currently held, candidate must exhibit a strong desire to obtain CPA certification upon hire.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Reputation of integrity
- Above average ability to learn and use computer software (e.g., Microsoft Excel). Proficiency in Microsoft office (required); Engagement (desired).
- Ability to recognize, anticipate, and resolve client issues and make recommendations
- Ability to develop open and trusting relationships
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to motivate him/herself to grow professionally and serve with excellence
- Ability to assume responsibility for and complete agreed upon assignments
- Effective communication as it relates to relationships with Manager/Partners regarding workflow, client needs, and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; exhibiting the ability to manage a heavy workload without sacrificing quality of work or relationships