A global consumer products company seeks a Senior Accountant to join their Los Angeles team.
Perform month-end close activities by preparing account reconciliations and supporting schedules, including accruals, account reconciliations, intercompany reporting and balancing across companies and financial statement development: balance sheet, income statement and cash flow report preparation.
Ensure all reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner and that all known and unknown reconciling items are handled in accordance with the Company account reconciliation policy.
Manage the financial input into the Financial Reporting system (NetSuite) and ensure proper controls and procedures exist related to this system to ensure reporting of accurate and timely financial data.
Analyze results, perform monthly variance analysis and prepare reports of actual results versus budget results to Accounting and Finance team.
Ensure financial statements and financial accounting practices are in compliance with GAAP.
Guide best practices in reporting, accounting and internal controls.
Work synonymously with the Accounting team to ensure that all financial information and schedules are accurate and prepared timely to support the continued growth of the Company.
Partner with the Controller to develop and improve accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
Engage and partner with other accounting/finance team members as well as other departments as needed to resolve accounting questions and issues quickly.
Support external auditors and other vendor requests for information. Complete special projects as assigned by the Accounting and Finance Team.
Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting required, CPA certification a huge plus.
7 or more years of experience in Accounting or Finance related areas, including supervisory experience.
Working knowledge of GAAP and a thorough theoretical understanding of Accounting and Finance.
Excellent PC skills including Excel and Word; NetSuite experience preferred.
VIEW JOBS11/13/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-11T00:00ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Complete assigned duties to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial results for internal and external (SEC) reporting requirements through a robust monthly/quarterly close process.
* Perform and approve complex account reconciliations and analysis and partner with finance and division management teams. Ensure timely and accurate accounting recognition of costs and to support the related planning and analysis.
* Perform Cost Accounting functions and yield test calculations to support plant operations.
* Lead quarterly efforts for inventory counts.
* Support accounting research and analysis related to complex transactions and projects, ensuring proper and timely accounting positions are established in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements.
* Perform SOX related controls in the corporate areas ensuring prudent compliance.
* Participate in assigned audit efforts to ensure timely reporting and sound controls.
* Identify process improvement opportunities and take ownership of assigned responsibilities.
* Provide guidance and assistance to Accounting Staff as required to enhance team development.
* EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
Education/Training: BA/BS in Accounting required. CPA and/or CMA strongly preferred.
Related Experience: Must possess minimum of 4 years of progressive finance and accounting experience with emphasis on general ledger accounting and account reconciliation. Experience in a manufacturing company or distributor preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Self motivated. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment. Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, result orientation and resourcefulness. Willingness to take ownership of area. Broad knowledge of GAAP, SEC and Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements. Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint. People Soft Financials and ERP experience preferred.
US Foods, Inc.HawthorneCA
VIEW JOBS10/26/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-24T00:00OSI Systems and its subsidiaries is a vertically integrated provider of specialized electronic systems and for components that meet the critical needs in the homeland security, healthcare, defense, and aerospace industries. As a global company, we are dedicated to developing solutions for our customers and the people they serve to lead the way to a safer and healthier world.
OSI is seeking an individual who will be responsible for preparing and completing OSI's complex tax returns and reports involved with federal, state, and local income taxes. This individual will interact with the Corporate tax team as well as other finance professionals throughout the organization and it's subsidiaries, in order to assist in tax audits and meet numerous deadlines. The Tax Accountant must be able to articulate ideas and concepts while working with key members in the organization. Additionally, the person in this position will need to learn and maintain knowledge of tax laws affecting the company.
* Work with the OSI Tax Team to timely and accurately prepare the US federal and state income tax returns including 5471 Forms.
* Hands-on preparation of estimated tax payments, as well as projected payments to support cash management.
* Actively seek ways to utilize technology to support the tax function and make processes and data gathering more efficient.
* Assist the OSI Tax Team on various projects including transfer pricing, Foreign Tax Credits and Research & Development Credits.
* Assist with the preparation of the global tax provision.
* Assist with the variety of tax audits that OSI encounters on an ongoing basis.
* Actively nurture relationships with key individuals to quickly identify and proactively address tax issues.
* Assist the OSI Tax Team in identifying tax opportunities.
* Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct
* It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
* Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field and 2+ years of experience in accounting or tax. CPA preferred.
* Broad knowledge of financial accounting with a good understanding of fluctuation analysis for balance sheet accounts.
* Solid experience with Microsoft Excel and demonstrated ability to learn software packages.
* Strong organization, analytic and communication skills.
* Team-oriented and collaborative/ able to work well with others.
* Good problem solving skills with a hands-on approach.
* Ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
* Untarnished reputation for personal and professional integrity and honesty.
* Exceptional organizational and general management skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
* Strong presence and credibility with management skills that allow for instant credibility with key constituents.
* Experience with tax software and depreciation software preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Senior Network Security Engineer
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Senior Network Security Engineer with knowledge and broad experience across networking technologies (switching, routing, wireless, firewalls, VPNs, content inspection, etc) and an ability to advise on them with security best practices in mind. This employee will be a member of the Information Security team and will work with various functional groups on gathering requirements, evaluating, designing, implementing, and supporting solutions that meet security requirements and support the Information Security mission. This will involve heavy cooperation and coordination with the SpaceX Networking and Telecommunications team. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
* Consult with various business and support teams at SpaceX on designing, building, and maintaining secure networks.
* Design, configure, deploy, and maintain network technologies that support the security of information and systems at SpaceX. This could include but is not limited to:
* Network-based IDS/IPS Systems
* Network-layer Firewalls
* Application-layer Firewalls
* Network Access Control Systems
* Maintain and administrate applications built on top of Linux operating systems.
* Must understand and communicate difficult concepts and provide instructions in a clear and straightforward manner.
* Completed bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline.
* 5+ years of experience in network design, monitoring, and security in an enterprise level environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Expert working knowledge (setting up, upgrading, and troubleshooting) of routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
* Experience implementing and maintaining Network Access Control systems (e.g. 802.1x)
* Expertise with network-based monitoring and security solutions. (IDS/IPS systems, Netflow, et cetera)
* Experience creating repeatable, reliable, and scalable network solutions with high availability and fault tolerance.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Demonstrated technical project management skills
* Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Space Exploration TechnologiesHawthorneCA