A global consumer products company seeks a Senior Accountant to join their Los Angeles team.
Perform month-end close activities by preparing account reconciliations and supporting schedules, including accruals, account reconciliations, intercompany reporting and balancing across companies and financial statement development: balance sheet, income statement and cash flow report preparation.
Ensure all reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner and that all known and unknown reconciling items are handled in accordance with the Company account reconciliation policy.
Manage the financial input into the Financial Reporting system (NetSuite) and ensure proper controls and procedures exist related to this system to ensure reporting of accurate and timely financial data.
Analyze results, perform monthly variance analysis and prepare reports of actual results versus budget results to Accounting and Finance team.
Ensure financial statements and financial accounting practices are in compliance with GAAP.
Guide best practices in reporting, accounting and internal controls.
Work synonymously with the Accounting team to ensure that all financial information and schedules are accurate and prepared timely to support the continued growth of the Company.
Partner with the Controller to develop and improve accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
Engage and partner with other accounting/finance team members as well as other departments as needed to resolve accounting questions and issues quickly.
Support external auditors and other vendor requests for information. Complete special projects as assigned by the Accounting and Finance Team.
Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting required, CPA certification a huge plus.
7 or more years of experience in Accounting or Finance related areas, including supervisory experience.
Working knowledge of GAAP and a thorough theoretical understanding of Accounting and Finance.
Excellent PC skills including Excel and Word; NetSuite experience preferred.
VIEW JOBS1/14/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-14T00:00ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Complete assigned duties to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial results for internal and external (SEC) reporting requirements through a robust monthly/quarterly close process.
* Perform and approve complex account reconciliations and analysis and partner with finance and division management teams. Ensure timely and accurate accounting recognition of costs and to support the related planning and analysis.
* Perform Cost Accounting functions and yield test calculations to support plant operations.
* Lead quarterly efforts for inventory counts.
* Support accounting research and analysis related to complex transactions and projects, ensuring proper and timely accounting positions are established in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements.
* Perform SOX related controls in the corporate areas ensuring prudent compliance.
* Participate in assigned audit efforts to ensure timely reporting and sound controls.
* Identify process improvement opportunities and take ownership of assigned responsibilities.
* Provide guidance and assistance to Accounting Staff as required to enhance team development.
* EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
Education/Training: BA/BS in Accounting required. CPA and/or CMA strongly preferred.
Related Experience: Must possess minimum of 4 years of progressive finance and accounting experience with emphasis on general ledger accounting and account reconciliation. Experience in a manufacturing company or distributor preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Self motivated. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment. Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, result orientation and resourcefulness. Willingness to take ownership of area. Broad knowledge of GAAP, SEC and Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements. Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint. People Soft Financials and ERP experience preferred.
US Foods, Inc.HawthorneCA
VIEW JOBS1/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-10T00:00OSI Systems and its subsidiaries is a vertically integrated provider of specialized electronic systems and for components that meet the critical needs in the homeland security, healthcare, defense, and aerospace industries. As a global company, we are dedicated to developing solutions for our customers and the people they serve to lead the way to a safer and healthier world.
The Senior IT Project Manager within Corporate IT PMO group will plan and coordinate all aspects of internal information system-specific projects from discovery to delivery. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like. Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments. Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, resolution of issues and risks, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints. Projects may vary in number, size and complexity.
* Lead multiple Infrastructure, Software and Integration projects of varying size and complexity.
* Effectively communicate timely status update on projects to senior leadership including project roadblocks in order to avoid timeline, cost and quality slippage while meeting customers' expectations.
* Maintain project schedule, project financials and RAID log.
* Collaborate and manage multiple internal and external partners.
* Must be able to complete job responsibilities working in global time zone to meet the IT/business needs.
* Work on various IT PMO activities and tasks.
* Lead and develop processes to drive continuous improvement while supporting key initiatives.
* Work on annual projects planning and prioritization process.
* Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct.
* It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
* Bachelor's degree. Preferred majors: Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Science or related field
* Minimum of seven years of working experience as Project Manager or Program Manager
* Strong Quantitative, Qualitative analytics experience
* Experience working with Agile tools such as Teams, Planner, Confluence, JIRA
* Experience with PM tools and processes
* Experience working in fast paced environment
* PMP or Scrum Master certification
* Experience working in formal PMO setting
* International working experience
* Manufacturing industry working experience
* Software development experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
VIEW JOBS12/29/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-29T00:00Overview
This position is responsible for the in-house marketing, promotion and sale of consumer product goods in the Commissary facilities. Requires in depth knowledge of clients brands and has the ability to convey path to purchase information to the customer. Incumbent is responsible for selling in promotions and utilizing POS materials and creativity to design and set up displays to positively impact sales volume for the products. Significant client, customer, and internal interactions that require good interpersonal skills and strong communication habits. Ability to effectively lead a team to meet objectives with basic computer and Microsoft office skills as an essential expectation.
* Conduct and maintain store calls and frequency per assigned plan. Use communication tools to facilitate distribution, selling, merchandising and reporting to meet company goals and objectives.
* Schedule, conduct, and manage the section and category resets to meet planogram speed to shelf expectations. Conduct/assist in total store resets as needed.
* Cut in new items to insure speed to shelf goals are met, ensure tags are in place, and maintain shelf integrity and facings by following the Plan O Gram.
* Ensure that all the promotional signage is placed. Place, hang or erect Point of Purchase materials.
* Sell, build, maintain, and remove (if needed) programmed displays, special event opportunities, and rack/cooler programs. Conduct in-store demonstrations .Sell/provide recommended forecasts (order quantities) for promotions.
* Ensure special product orders are submitted according to schedule.
* Execute business plans and priorities. Engage with Business manager(s) and clients as requested to include webinars, work with and special requests.
* Manage shelf/cooler/backroom inventories to ensure in stock conditions and best by sales dates are met.
* Ensure shelf stocking is performed by independent contractors; research and resolve causal factors that result in OOS (Out of Stocks). Coordinate and resolve distributor issues as needed. Manage distributor inventories, deletes, and mark-downs.
* Ensure all company fiduciary responsibilities are met to include time and attendance records, expense reports, and any financial documents such as vendor credit memos, display, and demo payments. Process and pay vendor credit memorandum meeting established time frames and guidelines.
* May train and supervise other Sales Representatives and Merchandisers as a Best Practice Trainer.
* Assist Region Manager by collecting and sharing store and zone competitive activities and sales impacts. Assist RM with store/area/distributor tracking.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma / GED required.
* 2 year experience in dealing with the public at the retail sales level.
* 1-2 years supervisory/training experience preferred.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to comfortably interact with the public.
* Must have professional appearance & demeanor.
* Must be very familiar with EXCEL and WORD.
* Must be able to present to public.
* Must have a valid driver's license
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
Job ID 2018-154779
Work City Port Hueneme
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Work Zip 90250
Category Field Jobs