Centri Business Consulting, LLC
Philadelphia , PA 19019
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Accountant has primary responsibility for assisting with Financial Reporting, Technical Accounting and Risk Advisory engagement work plans. Serving as a current and future leader of the firm, the Senior Accountant demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency.
- Prepare and review periodic filings for SEC registrants, including 10-Q and 10-K filings, S-1, Proxy and IPO pre-audit support.
- Research complex accounting topics bring potential solutions to Engagement Manager, and prepare first draft of accounting memos for his/ her review, ensuring general accounting standards are applied appropriately.
- Responsible for clearing all detailed review comments provided by engagement team member(s) and providing detailed review comments to Engagement Staff.
- Understand the engagement budget to ensure the allotted amount of time it takes to complete tasks is appropriate and communicated to the team.
- Lead update client meetings and/or calls independently.
- Take ownership of the engagement while managing upward and downward expectations to ensure deadlines are met and project stays on budget.
- Lead team members on various client engagements to further the Firm's goals and objectives in accordance with the project plan.
- Understand engagement requirements and client's business.
- Gain a basic understanding of resource needs and engagement economics.
- Support Firm initiatives and development opportunities.
- Assist in other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- CPA required
- 4+ years of relative accounting experience; at least 1 in public accounting or professional services highly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and accounting standards including ASC 606 and/or ASC 842
- Thrives in an environment of changing priorities.
- Ability to work towards enhancing technical and project management skills through on the job feedback and performance evaluations.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in a team environment and foster client relationships.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist in preparation of slides for sponsored internal trainings.
- Recognizes opportunities for learning by pursuing challenging assignments and a hunger to become and expert.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel skills
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
This position is an exempt position as it relates to the fair labor standards Act. Centri provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.