Security Information And Event Manager (Siem) (Jp7731)
3 Key Consulting
Tampa , Florida 33607
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
: Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) (JP7731)Location:
Tampa, Florida 33607Employment Type
: 12 months with likely extensionsJob posting date
: 1 October 2020Note:
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.3 Key Consulting is hiring aSecurity Information and Event Managerfor a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.Job Summary:
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a significant impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
- The SIEM Security Engineer plays a meaningful role in Information Security for the clientand will lead or support assigned capabilities within Information Security with the focus on Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA). The SIEM Engineer may also be assigned responsibilities for other Information Security capabilities and needs to be flexible to balance different technologies as they continually evolve or change.
- The SIEM Engineer will work with various partners at the Clientin a manner aligned to clients values to define and implement Information Security Services strategies, standards, tools and processes. This Security Engineer will also work with other teams like Security Operations on architecting, crafting, and implementing technologies, processes, and other improvements.Job Responsibilities:
- Management and implementation of technologies and processes relating to the assigned Information Security capability including issue identification and resolution, integration with other tools, documentation, gap assessment, gap resolution and continuous improvement of the capability.
- Keep up to date, make recommendations, and lead or participate in the implementation and continuous improvement of technologies and services in assigned information security domains.
- Work with and provide mentorship to Security Operations and other Information Security team members on security strategies, processes, response, and technologies.
- Develops, implements, and sustains operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and operates programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context.
- Collaborates multi-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to deliver continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Support Incident Response on security incidents.
- Define, provide, and improve measurement and analysis on the assigned services.
- Perform security design consulting in support of projects including participation to security architecture reviews as necessary.
- Participate in projects or initiatives where an Information Security Engineer is needed with a focus on ensuring inclusion of information security requirements.
- Participate in proactive research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement on information security technologies, processes and services.
- SIEM Engineers will also present project status reports to senior management, enforce policies and practices relative to technical guidelines and may supply new innovative ideas to improve these documents
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Manager) (3+ years of experience)
- Linux experience (2-5 years of experience)
- Incident Handling (5+ years of experience)
- Security Plus / CISSP certification (preferred, not required)
- Soft skills- people skills, attention to detail,
Employee Value Proposition:
- Strong validated knowledge and experience on continuous security monitoring with technologies and solutions like Syslog, QRadar Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA), etc.
- Proven knowledge and experience in one or more Information Security capability like security monitoring, threat intelligence, network protection, data protection, endpoint protection, technical security assessments, security architecture.
- Experience in using and running Linux-based operating systems and developing Perl or Python scripts.
- Experience in complex enterprise environments and current technology areas like cloud and mobility.
- Practical Knowledge of Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Shown success in leading multi-functional initiatives without formal authority through the use of strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience working in global teams.
- Successful management of multiple priorities.
- Standout colleague, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience programming in compiled (C, C++) and interpreted languages (Python, Ruby etc.).
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with complex technologies that impact security.
- Experience with user documentation as it relates to the delivery of services in a regulated environment.
- 5+ years as a senior security engineer supporting a multinational organization.
- CISSP or equivalent security-related industry certifications.
Dedicated focus on security and SIEM logging, exposure to working at a biotech/pharma industry, large cross training opportunities in this role.Red Flags:
Job hoppingInterview Process:
phone/webexWe invite qualified candidates to sendyour resume firstname.lastname@example.org. Ifyou decide that youre not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our websitewww.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also sharethis posting withanyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.