Request ID: BL-9017-1
Security Analyst with risk/vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection, firewall, Nessus, Forescout, data classification/management tools, incident management and POAM experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months Hrs/Wk: 37.50
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CONFIGURE, OPTIMIZE, AND MAINTAIN CURRENT SECURITY TOOLS TO INCLUDE NETWORK AND SERVER MONITORS AS WELL AS VULNERABILITY SCANNERS AND INTRUSION DETECTION.
2. REVIEW FIREWALL REPORTS AND CREATE REPORTS OF ATTACK METHODS AND THEIR RISK TO THE AGENCY.
3. REWORK OUR VULNERABILITY SCANNING TOOLS TO BETTER ALLOW US TO IDENTIFY RISK.
4. RESEARCH CURRENT SECURITY INITIATIVES AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS TO MANAGEMENT
Required Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• Nessus vulnerability scanner
• Configuration and maintenance
• Forescout automation
• Assistance with windows updates and patches as required
• Vulnerability analysis and remediation methods
• Data classification and management tools
• Incident handling experience
• Security policy and procedures
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
SECURITY PROCEDURE DOCUMENTATION
PREFER BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY RELATED DISCIPLINE WITH 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE OR MINIMUM 5 YEARS RELATED EXPERIENCE.
NOT REQUIRED BUT SECURITY CERTIFICATIONS WILL BE FACTORED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS
• IT Administration Patch Management Yes 1
• Miscellaneous Configuration management Yes 1
• Network Security information security principles and practices Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
• Network Security risk/vulnerability assessments Yes 3 Intermediate Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
• Network Security Tenable Security Center Administration Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
• Networking & Directories INCIDENT MANAGEMENT Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
• Specialties Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices Yes 4 Intermediate Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
• Specialties Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
• Specialties Vulnerability Scanning Yes 1