State Of South Dakota
Pierre , SD 57501
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job ID: 2086
Agency: Department of Labor and Regulation
Minimum Salary: $14.34 - $15.00
This position supports the work of the Electrical Commission (Commission) and the executive director of the Commission. The position performs clerical/administrative support tasks, including but not limited to:
- completing and processing forms;
- screening documents against set requirements, comparing them with established references, and verifying their accuracy and completeness;
- screening calls, taking messages, greeting clients, referring people;
- sorting, weighing, metering or stamping, picking up, and distributing mail;
- sorting and filing documents;
- entering information from documents into spreadsheets.
- business English including grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- modern office equipment, practices, and procedures;
- customer service and public relations;
- computer software applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- type accurately in positions requiring keyboarding;
- set up and type copy in a variety of formats such as narratives, manuscripts, business
- correspondence, statistical tables, etc.;
- proofread and edit rough copy for grammar, spelling, syntax, and style;
- communicate in a concise and effective manner;
- read and comprehend written materials;
- accurately record, file, and transmit information;
- accomplish assigned professional tasks;
- organize and coordinate activities;
- research and compile data;
- exercise tact, patience, and discretion in communicating and dealing with persons of varying
- backgrounds and temperament.
Please note this is a temporary, non-benefited position, exempt from civil service.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=K72
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"