Denver Metro Chamber Of Commerce
denver , CO 80202
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Typing, receiving telephone calls and personal callers, answering inquiries, preparing routing correspondence, maintaining appointments, processing mail and controlling inventory of office supplies;
- Participates in the development of new clerical procedures and office routines; assigns and oversees the work of subordinate office personnel;
- Personally performs various clerical duties and responsibilities in support of the organization's program(s) and operations;
- Processes incoming mail and other material; prepares replies to correspondence from previous experience with the subject, general instructions, administrative notes, and dictation or written copy; prepares and signs standard letters, inter-office forms, requisitions and similar papers;
- Reviews correspondence, reports and other papers prepared for superior's signature to assure conformance with administrative instructions and requirements;
- Assures the timely completion of correspondence and reports to determine the status and progress of special projects; liaison with other departments;
- Maintains records and prepares reports; gathers and complies information for and assists in preparing the annual budget request; monitors expenditures with respect to budget limitations; confers with superior about the status of accounts and initiates reallocation of funds as instructed; and
- Performs other general office and related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic;
- Good knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment;
- Ability to carry out continuing assignments with limited supervision;
- Ability to assemble and organize data;
- Ability to keep complex clerical records and to prepare accurate reports from such records;
- Ability to prepare effective correspondence on routine matters and to perform routine office management functions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public;
- Ability to operate a computer with proficiency;
- Ability to type at the required rate of speed; and
- Ability to perform routine and diversified clerical work involving independent judgment; and good interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.