Seattle , WA 98101
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are seeking a highly experienced software engineer in test (SDET) to join a passionate team in Seattle and help shape the future of education for a leading education software and publishing organization.
As an SDET in our Seattle-area engineering team, you will collaborate with user experience and software development professionals to define test execution plans that ensure tactical automation coverage is provided for the work on a sprint-by-sprint basis. Each sprint, you will write automation tests and create new test harnesses. As necessary, you will implement new automation tools and create automated test systems. Over the first three months, you will help define the test automation plan and test automation environment for your team while delivering upon sprint goals for the team. Three months and beyond, youll help ensure the foundation you establish with your team facilitates best practices and build a community of practice across multiple scrum teams.
- Build advanced automated test suites to test our educational products.
- Collaborate with development and test engineering teams to automate testing.
- Drive test automation and framework development.
- Train and mentor other team members.
- Experience with automation testing.
- Expertise with databases, APIs, application interfaces, and various user- and web-facing application tiers
- Proficiency in writing tests using test frameworks (Nightwatch JS, Selenium or similar).
- Proficiency in browser APIs/technologies (e.g. CSS3/DOM, local storage, A11y, Canvas).
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux environments.
- Familiarity with continuous deployment and code management strategies.
- Finally, our team is collaborative and we value our culture. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must. Ability to work independently with direction along sprint stories and tasks is critical. Demonstrating the key scrum values of focus, openness, commitment and respect are assumed of all candidates.