MCG JOB Requisition Title: Scrum Master The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum and Agile. The Scrum Master does this by helping everyone understand Scrum / Agile theory, practices, rules, and values. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which arent. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team. Of the skills and responsibilities below, the manager will focus on candidates who have or can accomplish the following:
This is a more technical role!
Works directly with contacts from all areas (and levels) within client environmentto resolve issues forthe team.
Coordinating with the DevOps/Release Coordinator to have an effective software release
This includes current releases and planning future ones.
Ensures that client's defined software engineering processes are followed
Planning Scrum implementations within the organization including coordination of dependencies between his/her scrum teams and other scrum teams.
Provides input to continually improve client's software engineering processes.
Communicate Scrum team metrics and performance summary peers and leadership.
Must be delivery/results oriented and accustomed to working in a fast paced environment
Strong problem solving skills is required
Strong verbal and written communication skills is required
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team
Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management
Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items
Understanding product planning in an empirical environment
Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value
Understanding and practicing agility
Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed
Assisting the product organization refine the user stories to make sure they are constructed with all therequiredinformation
The Scrum Master serves the Development Team in several ways, including:
Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality
Helping the Development Team to create high-value products
Removing impediments to the Development Teams progress
Facilitating all team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up / Scrum, Grooming Session, Sprint Planning, SprintReview / Demo, and Sprint Retrospective
Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted andunderstood
Promoting quality practices Provides guidance to assist the team in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD)
Protecting and communicating Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect theteam from uncontrolled expansion of work / scope creep
Coordinating inter-team cooperation and dependencies, and helps the team operate well on the project / program
Understanding and elevating the visibility of dependencies within and across the teams for a smoother release
Coordinating with the DevOps/Release Coordinator to have an effective software release
The Scrum Master serves the Organization in several ways, including: Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption Planning Scrum implementations within the organization Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization. Education / Experience: Bachelors degree in computer science or related field Minimum of 4 - 6 years of experience in an Information Technology / Software Development organization Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience with Agile development processes Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience acting as a Scrum Master full-time Experience doing release planning and milestone planning (based on the velocity) Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM) Experience with Microsoft development stack and tooling is a plus (Visual Studio, TFS) Experience supporting at least 2 scrum teams concurrently
VIEW JOBS10/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-10T00:00Title: Scrum Master (Certified)
Location: Irving, Texas
Duration: Long Term
Scrum Master is known as guardian of Scrum Team, someone that resolves impediments and has control over the scrum processes. A Scrum Master has the responsibility of coaching teams about Agile/Scrum practices and principles to delivering successful products.
The Scrum Master is also responsible for facilitating the scrum ceremonies. Their job is to make sure that project is being run smoothly and every team member has the right tools to get their work done efficiently. Scrum Master needs to understand the priority set by the product owners. Scrum Master must assist the product owner with the process of grooming the backlog, making sure that the product or project is delivered on time with production quality.
The Scrum Master needs to be involved in team conflicts and must have good communication skills. They must be actively involved in technical matters, thus finding out the gaps and ensuring product owner involvement in business decision and description of the functional flow.
In Agile/Scrum software development methodology, Scrum Master is a particularly challenging position as they care about the team functionality. Scrum master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. They increase their team efficiency, motivates their team, spins, argues for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. They ensure observance of DoD (Definition of Done).
* Has worked with multiple Scrum teams with cross-functional members at one time.
* Scrum master is responsible for scheduling and facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
* Possesses conflict resolution skills and focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
* Should be a friendly communicative person, because when team is moving fast in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together.
* Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source (such as team and individual velocity).
* Needs to be an expert in estimation and planning and knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
* Should be a good coach in Agile practices. S/he can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
* Help teams or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
* Ability to shield their team from outside distractions and interference.
* Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process.
* Ability to track and remove impediments.
* Scrum master is a servant first, who serves their team members before considering themselves
* Facilitate his/her team for better creativity and try to improve the efficiency of the development team.
* Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
* Responsible to remove the impediments for the scrum team.
* Arrange daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
* Help product owner groom the product backlogs and make them ready for the next sprint.
* Responsible for conducting Retrospective meetings.
* Organize and facilitate the Sprint Planning meeting.
* Act as safeguard for their team.
* Assure that team members' time are appropriately allocated and not monopolized by a single product owner.
* Collect and report on velocity metrics, track trends in velocity and utilize measurements to implement continuous improvement
* Collect and report on defect rate metrics, track trends in defects and utilize measurements to implement continuous improvement.
* Continuous improvement is a foundation of Scrum. The scrum master in his or her service to the PO, DEV, and the organization has important responsibilities to ensure it happens.
* B.S in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical or management training and experience
* Must be Scrum Master Certified. Scrum Trainer certification is a plus.
* 4yrs+ Scrum Master experience.
* Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Lean, SAFe, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
* Good skills to coach team how to follow Agile/Scrum.
* Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
* Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules, practices, and principles.
* An expert with the Atlassian tool suite, including: Jira, Confluence, and HipChat.
* Must have created custom workflow and boards
* Must have embedded Jira stories in Confluence and documentation from Confluence in Jira.
* Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate their team.
* Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand their team needs.
* Should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
* Ability to take and understand their commitment to deliver the product on time.
* Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
* Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to effectively work in a team environment characterized by rapid change and high availability targets.
SKILLS and BACKGROUND:
* Analytical ability to identify problems, reason logically, and draw valid conclusions in order to determine and implement an effective course of action.
* Required proficiency levels for technical area and applies skills to the design of information systems.
* Creativity in developing and implementing multiple IT solutions related to define information systems projects.
* Strong team leadership skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels within an organization.
VIEW JOBS11/14/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-12T00:00* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Other Location: United States,Florida,Jacksonville
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID: 18072522
The Agile Scrum Master is proficient in agile techniques and is adept at change management
through influence and facilitation of Agile into new environments. We are seeking a talented
Scrum Master to provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and set a powerful
example for the team. The Ideal candidate will work with our Sr Scrum Master to provide
guidance, coaching and direction towards maturing and optimizing Agile execution
methodologies through the constant improvement of Agile application principles and processes.
This is a Manager level position also responsible for Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Sprint
execution tracking, risk management and management of metrics related to sprint planning and
execution. This individual must have demonstrated ability work across technology disciplines in
a matrix organization. They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum, removing
impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving our
work standards as the central role in fast project delivery with fewer defects. This role will
interact closely with IT and Business teams to educate and execute Agile methodology.
Own, advocate, and coach Agile scrum processes, ensuring that the team
is always following the framework and looking for opportunities to continuously improve. Serve
as Scrum Master for up to two Agile teams. Uphold Agile values and principles; facilitate Agile
ceremonies. Focus teams to deliver value quickly. Foster a motivating culture of openness,
collaboration, and continuous improvement. Coordinate across other Agile teams for complex
projects. Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, Sprint reviews,
retrospectives, sprint and release planning and other Scrum-related meetings. Track and
communicate sprint/release progress via information radiators. Ensure all information radiators
are current and broadly available Play a key le team member role in the delivery of complex
technology and business solutions. Champion and embody the Scrum way-of-life across the
development teams. Encourage and support iterative and collaborative development - favoring
people over process. Own, advocate, and teach Agile scrum processes, ensuring that the team is
always following the framework and looking for opportunities to continuously improve Escalate
and/or resolve impediments to help your team ship code. Leverage data to measuring &
monitoring progress against commitments. Coach teams on the basics of Scrum or Kanban as
needed in simple term Promote creation and adoption of standard practices for Scrum
Management and Sprint planning, program management, Metrics management and reporting.
Guiding and coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
and values to meet program objectives. Creatively apply Scrum management/ Sprint Planning
processes to address unique situations; Assess Scrum execution status and direct corrective
measures to ensure program success including escalation and visibility to senior leadership
Certified Scrum Master CSM or PMI-ACP or equivalent experience 1 -3 years of scrum
master experience with in-depth knowledge of Scrum and implementation of Agile
Methodologies to multiple teams in large-scale enterprise change projects & programs 5-6 years
of solid experience in Project Management Understanding of System Development Life Cycle
methodology Strong knowledge of Scrum Management, Sprint and Release planning Strong
understanding of and experience with Software Development Life Cycles, as well as strong
project management skills; must have a solid background utilizing an Agile approach to software
development. Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills and proven ability to
work with diverse personality types. Excellent skills and knowledge situational awareness,
conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Effective oral, written, and presentation skills are required Ability to gain credibility to influence
decision makers and influencers influence within and across boundaries without direct
authority. Team specific coaching and mentorship experience on several engagements
Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional
gaps left in the Scrum approachexample: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous
Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc. Good understanding of System Development Life
Cycle methodology Demonstrated work history of being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of
different contexts different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs.
distributed, etc. Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD,
Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
Experience in an IT Finance Risk Management and spend analytics leadership role. Should
exhibit strong execution capabilities
Apply NowCitigroup Inc.IrvingTX
VIEW JOBS11/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-16T00:00Primary Location
The Company and the Role:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries.
We are looking for an associate to join us on a temporary basis in the Irving corporate headquarters to help with a critical Master Data Cleanup project within our SAP team. The individual selected will be able to work a flexible 30-40 hour a week schedule. This position will offer real-world experience and exposure to leaders throughout our company. If you are a detail-oriented, organized professional that wants to work with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
What you'll get to do:
* Interact with vendors throughout North America
* Verify vendor information, ensure accuracy of record
* Update Master Data as appropriate
* Track progress of the Master Data Cleanup and report to Management
Our corporate office supports the Lehigh Hanson plants in North America. Amenities include an on-site deli, free covered parking, and free fitness center!
No search firms please.