Clearly Agile, Inc
Tampa , FL 33602
Posted 1 week ago
Title: Scrum Master
Join a team of professionals who are passionate about their work, love cross-training and the adoption of cutting-edge technologies. We care about our developers by fostering an environment in which they can thrive by providing them the tools and training necessary to get the job done. Our team is a place where we encourage self-starters, and everyones ideas are heard and valued!
What were looking for is someone who is willing to learn, open to new ideas and not be stuck in their old ways. This position focuses on designing and developing solutions for our new and existing projects. This position requires a candidate with an enthusiastic and energetic personality who will be organized, inspirational and collaborative.
- Bachelors degree
- At least 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations
- Scrum Master certification required (CSM or PMI-ACP preferred)
- Experience with Kanban preferred
- Experience with distributed teams
- Experience in implementing software engineering best practices TDD, BDD, Test automation, pair programming
- Familiarity with ALM tools such as VSTS, JIRA, Confluence, Slack and other collaboration tools a plus
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong communication and social skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to build, develop, and coach high-performing teams
What you'll be doing is guiding Scrum teams towards the goal of increased collaboration and high performance. This role will ensure Scrum teams live by the guidelines and practices of Scrum to ensure effective implementation for maximized results.
- Act as Scrum Master for 1 to 2 teams with a focus on guiding the team to continuous improvement
- Lead by example as a servant leader to the team, the product owner and the organization
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies without assigning or dictating work
- Shields the team to minimize interruptions and distractions to the sprint, keeping them focused on delivering a quality product on time
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how theyre doing
- Pose questions, crowd-source ideas, and come to consensus on process solutions that promote self-organization and fill gaps in existing processes
- Assists the team to smoothly navigate forming, storming and norming team formation stages by addressing team dynamics, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Identifies and removes impediments or obstacles that prevent teams from reaching goals.
- Champions continuous improvements in processes and development techniques.
- Actively contribute to the companys Agile practice
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog creation and management;
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment;
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value;
- Understanding and practicing agility; and,
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
The Scrum Master serves the Development Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;
- Removing impediments to the Development Teams progress;
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
- Coaching the Team in engineering best practices that can help them accelerate (test automation, TDD, pair programming)
The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
- Leading, training and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Leveraging change management principles and practices to foster agile adoption at a sustainable pace for the organization
- Working with other Scrum Masters and Coaches to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Facilitating guilds, communities of practice, horizontals
LOCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be in the Tampa Bay Area or willing to move, no relocation assistance provided.
- US Citizens only. No Green Cards or H1Bs.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ClearlyAgile is one of the fastest growing Agile companies in the Tampa Bay area. We foster career growth and are focused on having fun and delivering quality products and services to our clients. With 15 paid holidays off per year (including the entire week of Thanksgiving and Christmas), plus 10 days of paid time off, medical, vision and dental benefits that start on your first day (and we contribute $250 towards your medical), 401K, paid training certifications and very competitive pay & commission plans, ClearlyAgile strives to listen to and invest in its most important assetits people.
Our Mission: Transform our customers businesses using Agile methodologies and principles to help them succeed in a flexible, collaborative, self-organizing and fast-paced environment.
Our Values: We hire, fire and reward based on our core values.
- Produce the Best Quality of Work Possible
- Be a Team Player
- Invest in Yourself
- Be a Professional
- Be a Leader
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
To learn more about us visit our website.