School Age Teacher
Yellow Brick Road Early Childhood Development Center
Minnetonka , MN 55345
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!!!
Join our team of dedicated early education professionals with competitive pay, benefits, and time off!
TEACHER: the primary responsibility of a teacher is the health/safety and developmental domains of each student in their classroom. The position of Teacher reports to the LT of their age group and the DOO of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan both long and short-range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Meet the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child.
- Encourage assistants to contribute to curriculum planning.
- Prepare monthly goal and activities charts.
- Complete bi-annual assessment of children's development.
- Report progress of children to parents in bi-annual reports and through parent-teacher conferences with lead teacher approval.
- Maintain daily open communication with parents.
- Keep accident reports.
- Maintain anecdotal records.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Report any suspect abuse to the appropriate authorities and the LT/DOO.
- Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in accordance with health and safety policies.
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
- Attend in-service and staff meetings.
- Supervise assistants, aides, and volunteers in the classroom.
- Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance, and medication administration.
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations locally and federally.
Experience and education requirement: A Teacher needs a bachelors or a masters degree in Early Childhood or related field, and one-year experience is preferred. Position requires CPR/First Aid and SUIDS/ABHT.
The position of Teacher is a full-time salaried position. The teacher is entitled to Paid holidays, PTO, 50% off childcare, option for short term/long term disability and if the company has it 401K, medical and dental plans.Earn one hour of paid sick time per week (maximum of 6.5 days sick leave) for full time staff members.