SBA Loan Underwriter
Salt Lake City , UT 84111
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you a skilled underwriter and looking to bring your SBA or commercial lending knowledge to an exciting and growing company? We are looking for an SBA Loan Underwriter to support our growing business by analyzing financial information and collaborating with internal and external customers to provide recommendations on loan risk. The following list provides a detailed description of tasks you may experience in this role:
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Conduct in-depth analysis of financial information to form a recommendation of approval or denial of new loans.
- Present analysis and recommendation to Loan Committee for final approval.
- Collaborate with customers, Business Development Officers and third-party providers to gather all necessary information to present an accurate and complete picture of the loan presented.
- Maintain superior level of customer service with customers, bank employees and department members.
- Must have minimum of three to five years of underwriting experience in SBA lending or a related field.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking credit policies and procedures, credit/financial statement analysis, loan structuring and cash flow analysis.
- Advanced working knowledge of accounting principles, tax return analysis and analytical interpretation of balance sheet and income statement analysis and cash flow.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in a commercial bank environment.
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills.
- Effective business writing and professional
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life and long-term disability coverage
- HSA and FSA plans
- Holidays and paid time off requests
- Employee Recognition Program
- On-site workout room
- Robust wellness program (were talking catered breakfasts, lunch & learns, fitness trainers, yoga and kickboxing!)
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, Celtic Bank was named the sixth largest SBA lender in the nation in 2019! Celtic Bank is a leading nationwide lender specializing in SBA 7(a), SBA 504, USDA B&I, express loans, asset-based loans, commercial real estate loans and commercial construction loans.
Celtic Bank is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws.
Physical and Other Requirements
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stationary Work: The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle documents, and perform other office related duties. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Mobility: The employee in this position needs to occasionally move between work sites and inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Communicate: The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and will frequently communicate with others. Must be able to read, write and understand fluent English.