SBA Loan Closer/Processor
Salt Lake City , UT 84111
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The SBA & Commercial Loan Processor/Closer is responsible for performing the operational details related to the closing of commercial and SBA loans. This position ensures compliance with SBA requirements, confirms fulfillment of approved credit requirements and possesses the ability to recognize and resolve issues in the closing process to assure the accuracy and completion of all required loan documents.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Manage the commercial loan closing process to ensure that all closing requirements are met and that closing deadlines are achieved for each loan file in respective pipeline.
- Ensure loan file accuracy including all packaging documents, satisfaction of credit conditions and compliance with SBA lending requirements.
- Answer to Audited loan packages to ensure compliance with Bank and regulatory guidelines.
- Review closing documents for accuracy and compare the documents to commitment and loan summaries
- Identify missing documents or discrepancies in closing packages and ensure timely satisfaction of requirements.
- Clear conditions of loan commitments, clear loans for closing and document approved exceptions.
- Discern and resolve issues that may emerge during the loan closing process.
- Regularly provide production and loan status reports.
- Ensure correct lien position on all collateral.
- Schedule loans for closing and prepare loan closing worksheets for funding.
- Maintain superior level of customer service with customers, bank employees and department members.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of all regulations related to closing procedures.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred 1-5 years experience in SBA.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and motivate.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, ability to handle multiple files or projects at one time.
- Position requires a highly motivated go-getter with a great attitude.
- Commercial loan closing experience a plus, but not required.
- Current knowledge of banking regulations preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet and related computer skills.
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life and long-term disability coverage
- HSA and FSA plans
- Holidays and paid time off requests
- Employee Recognition Program
- On-site workout room
- Robust wellness program (were talking catered breakfasts, lunch & learns, fitness trainers, yoga and kickboxing!)
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, Celtic Bank was named the sixth largest SBA lender in the nation in 2017! Celtic Bank is a leading nationwide lender specializing in SBA 7(a), SBA 504, USDA B&I, express loans, asset-based loans, commercial real estate loans and commercial construction loans.
Physical and Other Requirements
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stationary Work: The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle documents, and perform other office related duties. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Mobility: The employee in this position needs to occasionally move between work sites and inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Communicate: The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and will frequently communicate with others. Must be able to read, write and understand fluent English.