5+ years of recent experience in Cloud and IT transition, transformation, and migration management
Any certifications required? PMP certification is preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools
Ability to work effectively in a matrixed team environment
Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff
NOT PM’s that have managed networking\hardware projects… client facing PM experience…. (not internal PMO PM exp).
The NC GDAC – IT Project Manager manages multiple projects to assess existing hosting security controls, and plan for the migration of existing applications to NIST Moderate controls.
Works closely with IT consultants, architects, technical leads, compliance analysts, and engineers in translating IT strategic goals, roadmaps, and business requirements into future state architectures designed to leverage the cutting-edge functionality.
Understands the adoption challenges in migrating infrastructure and application portfolios and will be able to bridge the gaps during the migration strategy design process.
The ideal candidate will have an established background in traditional hosted transition projects for n-tier enterprise architectures.
Identify, document, and escalate any performance issues and skills deficiencies of members of the SAS project team to the appropriate management team.
Prepare sample or high-level project plans to satisfy Customer requirements to identify potential implementation options and provide recommendations on implementation approaches.
Complete risk assessment documents for projects, meeting articulated criteria (sizeable financial concerns, heavy use of subcontractors. implementation of new solutions, etc.)
Identify and/or review assignment of team members for discovery workshops, assessments and other activities that require matching skills with specific agendas and services, and participate in these activities, including adding domain, administration and contracts expertise.
Support SAS senior project managers or SAS program managers on large projects and independently manage small scale projects.
Manage internal or external customer expectations fully and act as Customer liaison.
Identify and match skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and verify that team members know and understand their assignments.
Leverage methodologies, enablers and best practices to accelerate project delivery.
Ensure quality assurance and test plans are developed for the project.
Maintain an accurate project plan, adhere to deadlines and communicate weekly project status reports, issues, alerts, signoffs and closure to the team, management and the customer.
Follow established change management procedures should project plans or schedules be used.
Ensure project designs and specifications provide a reliable blue print for implementation.
Oversee knowledge management activities of the delivery team using knowledge server or comparable tool.
VIEW JOBS11/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-02-13T00:00Technical Lead
Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Project Planning and Setup:
* Understand the project scope, identify activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks and provide inputs to Module Lead for review.
* Provide inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment, hardware/software requirement etc.
* Review plan and provide feedback on gaps, timeline and execution feasibility etc as required in the project.
* Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other business teams and provide feedback on requirements.
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
* Analyze functional/non functional requirements and seek clarifications for better understanding of requirements.
* Based on understanding of system upstream & downstream, provide feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical feasibility of requirements.
* Prepare the LLD/ detailed design documents based on HLD and briefing from Module Lead.
* Seek inputs from the developers on specific modules as applicable.
* Consolidate all modules and provide to Module Lead/ Architects/ Designers for review.
* Suggest changes in design on technical grounds.
* Develop components inventory for the code to be developed tying it to the nonfunctional requirements.
* Perform sampling of data to understand the character/ quality of the data (project dependent in the absence of data analyst or designer).
* Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
* Follow coding standards and best practices to develop code and check code quality.
* Share developed code with supervisor for review.
* Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
* Perform complex integration.
* Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
* Consolidate the test results and share with supervisor.
* Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight / recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
* Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to supervisor.
* Conduct technical troubleshooting.
* Conduct reviews for codes created by team.
* Develop unit test case for each module.
* Conduct/ guide conducting of unit and integration testing and fix defects.
* Review/ approve code to be moved to testing environment.
* Provide support to the QA team and coordinate for various phases of testing.
* Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
* Investigate critical defects and establish need for fixing.
* Raise issues to leads/QA.
* Report defect status as per project standard process within agreed timelines.
* Share revised code with supervisor for review.
* Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect fixes.
* Maintain versions of the code or consolidate version maintained by the Developers.
* Provide support as required to the Administrators during configuration, code backups, deployment etc.
* Assess and create deployment/ roll back plan.
* Validate if all the components have been migrated and the right version is checked in.
* Maintain deployment tracker.
* Perform sanity checks post deployment to ensure smooth production.
* Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if any.
Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project Management activities):
* Monitor work of the developers and share work achieved with them.
* Provide guidance through SDLC.
* Provide status of progress to leads.
* In case of change requests, provide inputs on the plan.
Service Support and Maintenance:
Specific to production and maintenance support:
* Provide support for 1 week and hand over to production team.
* Identify if the incoming request is a service request/ defect during the warranty or an incident.
* If it is code defect in the warranty, highlight to Lead and initiate defect fix process.
* Post warranty, support in transition to maintenance team.
* Post release participate in project review call and discuss points on what went well and what didn't.
* Create and update knowledge articles (case studies, lessons learnt) in the knowledge management repository.
* Guide developers in creating such documents.
* Publish white papers/ blogs/ articles (if required).
* Conduct training through academy or internally within the team.
* Conduct technical, face to face interviews for internal transfer or external hiring.
* Provide feedback on Developers form technical /domain standpoint to the module lead.
Cognizant Technology SolutionsCaryNC
VIEW JOBS11/1/2019 3:10:22 PM2020-01-30T15:10<p>Position - SAS Quality Assurance / Test Engineer<br />
Location &ndash; Cary, NC<br />
Visa Requirement &ndash; US Citizen<br />
Job Description:<br />
Experiences on SAS EBI Platform, Enterprise Guide, Visual Analytics, and SAS Fraud Framework are preferred. Here is the skill list by the importance (high to low).</p>
<li>SAS programming (SAS Base). Data Step, Proc SQL and SAS Macro.</li>
<li>SAS EBI Platform</li>
<li>SAS Fraud Framework</li>
<li>Advanced degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative field</li>
<li>Experience using SAS Business Intelligence Architecture and SAS version 9 solutions</li>
<li>SAS Certified Advanced Programmer</li>
<li>SAS Certified Base Programmer</li>
<li>Experience with SAS Macro programming, SQL and data step processing</li>
<li>Strong Unix skills</li>
<li>Analytical and/or report-writing programming experience</li>
<li>Experience in QA or development testing</li>
<li>Experience in database programming</li>
<li>Domain knowledge in transportation industry</li>
<p>The QA Contractor applies software quality assurance and engineering expertise to assure quality throughout the life cycle of SAS hosted and SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions. This includes software testing, as well as the definition of appropriate test strategies and test plans. Responsibilities will include the following:</p>
<li>Define, document and execute test plans and procedures</li>
<li>Design, develop and execute test programs that evaluate the quality of SAS system code written to provide solutions for customers</li>
<li>Perform verification and QA of algorithms, data sets and reports used in creating and/or analyzing customer data</li>
<li>Verify data back loads to ensure: all dates accounted for, data is accurate and reports accurately reflect data</li>
<li>Identify system defects and makes recommendations for resolution</li>
<li>Work with developers, analysts, and project managers to identify and mitigate risks to quality</li>
<li>Design, Develop and Optimize test scripts using standard test automation tools</li>
<li>Programming, scripting, and other duties as assigned</li>
VIEW JOBS11/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-02-13T00:00<p><strong>Position: Project Manager<br> <br> </strong>INE is searching for a Project Manager to join the premier IT Training company in the Cary, North Carolina (NC) area. The Project Manager will be responsible for working closely with Content Developers as well as the Business Owners to ensure courses are being delivered on time. The ideal Project Manager should have a PMP and have managed project budgets of $500,000+.</p><p><br></p><p><strong>Responsibilities for the Project Manager:</strong></p><ul> <li>Collaborating with multiple Content Developers and Business Owners to ensure requirements are clear and the project is being delivered on time</li> <li>Work closely with the Content Developers to manage progress and timelines</li> <li>Communicate with senior level management to deliver progress reports and project updates</li> </ul><p><strong>Technical Requirements for the Project Manager:</strong></p><ul> <li>Experience managing multiple projects at one time</li> <li>Experience managing project budgets of $500,000 or higher</li> <li>Experience with Project Management tools</li> <li>PMP Certification is a major plus</li> <li>Strong verbal and written communication skills</li> </ul><p><strong>We offer some perks you're sure to love:</strong></p><p>Our employees’ Health Care Plans are 100% employer covered - including medical, dental and vision, and that includes your family too. There's a matching 401k plan as well. </p><p>We offer ongoing training and professional development opportunities, and we also cater lunch every Friday for the entire office!</p><p><br></p><p>If change excites you, if you thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves, and you jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects, then INE is the place for you.</p><p><br></p><p>What we're offering here at INE, is an environment that fosters creativity and provides members of our team an opportunity to shape the future of our company. </p><p><br></p><p>Do you want to grow your skills, continue to develop professionally and advance with a company? Is enjoying what you do and working with amazing team members a priority?</p><p><br></p><p>INE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.</p><p><br></p><p>INE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.</p>INECaryNC