SAP Abap Developer
Frederick , MD 21701
Posted 2 weeks ago
WORK LOCATION: Fredrick Maryland (Remote Work is Possible)
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active NACLC or able to obtain
CITIZENSHIP: US Citizen
IT Partners (ITP) is seeking an ABAP developer to join our team at Ft. Detrick in Frederick, MD. ITP is looking for a technical SAP professional with SAP ABAP Application Development (AD) skills to support ongoing enhancement, operations and maintenance activities for our clients.
ITP ABAP Application Developers require experience designing, developing, testing, debugging, implementing, maintaining and documenting ABAP code in an SAP NetWeaver application environment. Responsibilities include creating, modifying and maintaining RICEFW objects (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms and Workflows) on ECC and other SAP systems which support the financial and business management requirements of our client.
ITP Application Developers require experience extending SAP standard functionality using advanced user interface technologies (including UI5 / Fiori / Personas).
These responsibilities include creation and maintenance of SAP design and technical documents as well as the testing and validation of application functionality and performance. The selected Application Developer will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including operations and maintenance (O&M) support. Expected duties include but are not limited to:
- Implementation of SAP ABAP software applications and interfaces within SAP NetWeaver instances
- Developing, testing, debugging, implementing, maintaining and documenting ABAP code used in RICEFW (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms and Workflows) objects on an ECC 6.0 System
- Providing optimization, enhancement and O&M support for ABAP applications which perform financial and business management functions on Client SAP (ECC, Solution Manager, etc.) instances and external systems
- Participate in the analysis of the customer's business operations to validate requirements and scope, suggest process improvements and assist in level of effort (LOE) estimation
- Developing and maintaining SAP design and technical specification documents
- Conducting unit, integration and release testing to validate functionality
- Supporting end-users Acceptance Testing activities
- Participate in Production Operations and Release Management support
- Experience developing software in SAP NetWeaver ABAP Stack environments using:
- ABAP Objects, ABAP Reports, ABAP online transactions
- Interface/dialog programming, ALE and IDOC's
- Function Modules, Function Groups, RFC's and module pools
- User Exits, BADIs, and Batch Programming
- BAPI's, screen painter, menu painter, and GUI processing
- Creation of data elements, domains, tables, and search helps
- Experience in report development with ALV's, drill down
- Experience with the SAP ABAP Data Dictionary and other SAP repository objects
- Effective code optimization, program performance analysis and tuning experience
- Ability to adhere to strict development standards and conduct code reviews
- Knowledge of SAP ASAP and agile methodologies
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work individually (self-motivated) and within a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with:
- Management providing status information, suggesting corrective actions, and taking direction when decisions are made
- Diverse customer organizations accepting guidance and feedback on requirements and deliverables
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain NACLC Clearance
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Must have or be able to obtain CompTIA Security+ certification
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience with customized SAP environments, specifically with Plant Maintenance (PM)
- Knowledge of developing SAP Java Application software in SAP NetWeaver Java Stack environments using:
- Building or extending Java applications in SAP ECC
- Developing and supporting SAP Java Applications
- Knowledge of SAP PI mapping, configuration and adapters
- SAP Certification in one or more of the following disciplines
- ABAP Development and Maintenance
- SAP Solution Manager
- Process Integration
Because, Experience Does Matter...
Since 1993, IT Partners has been providing reliable, cost-effective SAP solutions to meet our customer's goals and objectives in the SAP Marketplace. We are Women Owned 8(M), Small Business Certified with a GSA IT 70 Schedule and a Navy SeaPort-e contract. We offer a full range of benefits, Health, 401K, Life, Disability, Student Loan Help, Bonuses...etc.
Smart? Motivated? Ready to roll? You'll feel right at home at IT Partners. Where creativity is encouraged, initiative is rewarded, and reputations are made. A career here translates into continual opportunities to grow and expand on what you can do as we help clients become high-performance SAP enabled businesses and governments.
There's no better place to grow your career! If you wish to be part of this dynamic opportunity, please apply to this job posting.