Sample Processing Tech - Flex
Kansas City , MO 64106
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for all Sample Processing job skills, including, preparing plasma units for freezing, preparing samples of plasma for testing, and preparing plasma units and samples for shipment .
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.Essential Functions
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers (5%)
- Perform all required duties in the area of Sample Processing (including, but not limited to): (95%)
- Prepare units for frozen storage.
- Collect and store samples from plasma units for testing.
- Perform routine maintenance on the freezer including monitoring freezer and refrigerator temperatures and removing ice buildup.
- Prepare frozen plasma units and samples for shipping following established protocol.
- Organize plasma boxes/documents for scheduled shipments and assist in loading shipments.
- Manage supplies, assist management team with inventory control procedures, break down empty cartons and assist with proper disposal.
Education & Experience Requirements
Essential:High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus
Key Skills and Competencies
- Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
Other Job Components
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
Internal and External Contacts
- Reports to Center Manager (Internal)
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and other team meetings as needed.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally work in a cold environment ranging from- 20 C (-4 F) to- 40 C (-40F).
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear