Sample Lab Technician - 2Nd Shift
New Albany , OH 43054
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Alene Candles is seeking a Sample Lab Technician on 2nd Shift to assist the lab in a temporary role. The Sample Lab Technician will be responsible for daily production and documentation of samples, color mixing, batch testing, and other tasks as required to meet customer needs and assure efficient and accurate lab production and quality control. The Technician reports directly to the Sample Lab Supervisor for daily responsibilities, but will be expected to respond to requests from other staff as appropriate and approved by the Vice President of Research & Development.Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews and follows sample production schedule and management direction to produce samples which meet customer quality and delivery requirements.
- Reads work order or formula to determine types and quantities of materials to be used; organizes components.
- Develops color mixing expertise to produce samples which match Pantone colors specified by customer.
- Plans daily activity to assist in producing lab samples for customers.
- Reports to Sample Lab Supervisor any sample production problems which may result in not meeting customer schedules.
- Maintains the Lab in a neat and orderly manner, and follows safe work practices.
- Follows all prescribed safety procedures and uses prescribed PPE.
- Must be available for overtime as required.
- May assist with other tasks such as: Receives and logs sample glass and fragrances sent to the lab by customers; checks to assure that MSDS sheets are provided for each item received into the Lab; assists with maintaining all areas of the lab and the lab equipment clean and orderly; takes on special tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School or equivalent with 6 or more months of relevant technical training received formally or on the job through work experience
- Must have the ability to work with precision scales and measuring devices, and instruct others in proper use
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel for spreadsheets, Word for Windows
- Must have math skills sufficient for precise weight/volume calculations. Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as rate, ratio, proportions, percentages and volume.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from fellow employees, visitors, and customers.
- Ability to use Microsoft Access is a plus
- Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work independently while also exhibiting the judgment to know when to ask questions and/or seek help.
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Should you require assistance completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-933-4005 and ask to speak to Human Resources. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs in a reasonable amount of time.