Sheehan Family Companies
Liverpool , NY 13088
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Since its inception in 1983, T. J. Sheehan has been the Anheuser-Busch wholesaler for Onondaga County and has built a diverse portfolio of craft beers and imports for Central and Western New York State. T. J. Sheehan continues to be a successful and popular wholesaler in northwestern New York State. An ongoing effort is made to always employ the finest people, and we are committed to maintain the most coveted portfolio of beer in the area.
We are currently looking for a Sales Trainee. This position is a hands-on, entry level role that will provide you valuable knowledge and experience in the beverage and distribution industry. This individual is responsible for providing necessary support to ensure the successful sale and distribution of all TJ Sheehan products. We are looking for an energetic individual with a strong work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility to join and contribute to our team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop rapport with assigned customer base and promote the good will of the company
- Route coverage for sales representatives' vacation and time off
- Ensure that all product is rotated and code policy is followed
- Proper merchandising of accounts with permanent and paper POS
- Conduct promotions in accounts on a regular basis or when required
- Organize and execute floor displays and placement of window neons and banners at all accounts
- Execute monthly goals as related to business activities
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Merchandising coverage as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in business management or marketing preferred
- Certified Beer Server
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid and clean driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work independently
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Use of hand and foot controls for driving
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels from floor to 84" on an occasional basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels from floor to 69" on an occasional basis
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck and/or cart loaded with up to 300 pounds on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, adding machine
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
TJ Sheehan Distributing is an Equal Opportunity Employer